Parking Eye - Letter Before County Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just received a 'Letter Before County Claim' from Parking Eye.

This is the 1st contact i've had from them...

The other letters were 'disposed of' by my missus as she didn't want me to know and thought it would go away!

She attended a New Gym (as hers was closed in the early Covid shutdown but another branch was open so she used this) and did a class but didn't entered her own registration into the system and not mine!

As the gym is no longer open, we cannot appeal to them to cancel the ticket until it does.

Is there anything I can do? I, or my missus have had no contact with Parking Eye at this point....

I cannot answer the questionnaire as I don't have any of the letters other than this one...

Thanks for any help you could give...

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

you need to send them a snotty letter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, in a separate letter – send them an SAR so that hopefully you get copies of all correspondence which was sent to you. Do it immediately

I don't want to start a family argument – but you probably had better explain to your partner that disposing of these letters was not a good idea and has placed in jeopardy.

As suggested above by my colleague, you certainly need to make it very clear that first of all you have received no correspondence. Secondly, that any legal action will be vigourously defended.

I'm afraid that by not responding to them, you probably gave them the impression that they are going to get an easy kill with a backdoor default judgement. Let's hope that you have reached here on time.

Hi,

Thanks for the above info... I'll get on it in the morning. This was also at 5.31am in the morning and she was the only car on the car park! Should I identify my missus as being the driver in my letter to them? Would that give us more time?

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

SWISSTONI

god no ID the driver is the LAST thing you should ever do

removes protection under POFA

do NOT miss the 30days deadline

do not use/give email or phone ever.

if you look at a few Parking eye PCN threads here

you'll get the idea on the snotty letter game.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So I understand from reading this again that there was compliance with the so-called parking requirements – but simply that an incorrect registration was entered.

So really what we are looking at here, if anything, is a technical/administrative error.

Have you evidence of any of this?

Hi Bankfodder,

As the gym is currently shut due to Covid-19, we cannot get access to 'evidence' - I was thinking that showing the Missus had attended a booked class there would be enough for them...but cannot get this info at present...

SWISSTONI

Right folks,

How will this do as a draft snottogram?

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for the letter entitled 'Letter Before County Court Claim' which I have received xxx date, the contents of which are duly noted.

I will not be paying the your demand for payment as I owe you nothing.

You will be fully aware there is no contract formed between the vehicle keeper and ParkingEye and there is no evidence suggested of any damage the driver caused whilst legitimately using this car park to attend the DW Gym

i attended the DW Gym legitimately at the times stated in your correspondence, that does not justify your outrageous PARKING CHARGE of £100 for a mere administrative error on the drivers part (possibly inputted wrong registration due to dyslexia).

I can prove (in court should it be necessary) that the driver was in the Gym of which this car park is used at the times stated by yourself both arriving and leaving.

If your ANPR system is so useless that it can't correlate a mystery payment for a car registration not catured for the same time period as one that was but shows no payment, that is your problem not mine. 

You however have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to get my details. I am entitled to sue you for the Breach of the GDPR  for unlawfully processing my details.

Should any legal action be taken against myself on this matter, it will be vociferously defended by my companies legal team.

I trust this will be the end of the matter and I will receive no further correspondence from yourself other than to confirm the end of the matter. Should I continue to receive letters about this matter, then I will no alternative than to press harassment charges against ParkingEye.

Yours Sincerely

The Vehicle Keeper

Kind Regards

SWISSTONI

I have slightly changed it

see what people think.

and they

I think that you should reinforce the fact that whilst you were a passenger in the car at the time of the event, you were NOT the driver, as how it reads could imply that you MIGHT have been and gives ParkingEye a reason to pursue.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I wasn't present at the time, so maybe I'll reword it to take that suggestion away

SWISSTONI

I would be dispassionate about it but before you write you do need to know what the signage says esp if there is a payment meter involved.

also you should have emailed the gym head office and moaned like stink about this if no-one is at your local gym.

they can still intervene if they wish but wont if you have contacted PE before you contact them.

• 4 weeks later...

Update..

Hi All,

Sent the letter that was in the comments above as edited and received a reply stating :-

Thank you for your correspondence and we can confirm that this matter has been passed to our privacy team. Please note that if your enquiry relates to an appeal, the case will be placed on hold whilst your request is reviewed.

ParkingEye Team

Anything I need to do now other than wait and see?

Toni x

SWISSTONI

On 15/05/2020 at 17:24, ericsbrother said:

I would be dispassionate about it but before you write you do need to know what the signage says esp if there is a payment meter involved.

also you should have emailed the gym head office and moaned like stink about this if no-one is at your local gym.

they can still intervene if they wish but wont if you have contacted PE before you contact them.

yes but you need to action the above too.

dx

and they

I have emailed the Gym without success, apparently, there is nobody working in Customer Services at present due to Covid-19.. I shall check what the signage says when I pass tomorrow

SWISSTONI

the gym head office not the gym itself.

take photos of all the signs clearly so we can read the small print

- for those which are alike to others you already have pix of, we just need their position so make a site plan where each one is - any the machine and its signs

and they

there is a chance the land you parked on is not managed by PE anyway, just you have to pass through theirs and the registering yoru vehicle with the gym is an administrative convenience that just stops PE from making mistakes and being sued by the gym users fro unlawful processing of their data.

PE have a history of thsi type of screw up