Halifax have now responded.

sheedy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came home from work today and could hardly get through the door as there were 27 letters from Halifax. Deadline was today. Have a question or two to ask. They have sent me statements going back to Jan 2000. As I asked for 6 years from 18th October 2006 when can I claim from successfully.

I am sitting here extremly angry as I have totalled up what I have paid in charges and it comes to £4948. One year they charged me over £2000, no wonder my finances are in a mess.

What is the general response from Halifax. Going to court seems such an imposing situation. I looked at my envelopes for 4 hours before I plucked up the courage to open them. Daft isn't it. I think I didn't want to face how badly I had mismanaged my money over the years.

Thanks

ps this site is great and I certainly will be making a donation when I am eventually refunded my charges.

Hi Sheedy

Done the Halifax myself and it all turned out ok. In my experience they kept me waiting and i ended up filing an N1 at my local court. 8 Days later they paid the money into my account.

As hagenuk says no-one so far has actually gone to court so i wouldn't overly worry about that. If the time comes and you are the first you will get the support.

In the meantime, just get your claim going and stick to the excellent advice that Hagenuk and others provide. Keep your link updated so your progress can be tracked...,. and READ as much as you can, knowledge is power....

• Haha 2