Wedding Supplier Cancellation

Buzz88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, 
To cut a long story short sadly my July wedding has fallen foul of COVID-19 and I have had to cancel due to the uncertainty. 

I am now in the process of contacting Suppliers, most have been fine with issuing refunds including any deposits paid however I am having an issue with one particular Supplier. 

I have paid 50% of the invoiced price to the Supplier (they invoiced me for 6k and I have paid 3k)

During booking I was not sent a copy of any terms and conditions nor was I made to sign anything.
I was just given an invoice.

I have reviewed our email correspondence and not once does the Supplier mention that the deposit and any monies paid are ‘non-refundable’ so I feel I am entitled to all of my money back. 

Could anyone else shed any light on my situation?
Should I continue to push for the money?
As I cannot afford to write off 3k.

Thank you guys.

Hi Buzz and Welcome to CAG

First off if you would name this supplier and what should they have supplied...how did you book it (On line/shop/phone).....how did you pay for it. The name is important then we can dig up their terms and conditions of business.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for coming back to me, 

They were due to be providing decoration for my wedding, tablecloths and aisle decorations etc.

They do not have a website or any terms and conditions at all.

They have a Facebook and Instagram page but nothing else.

I booked and paid for it via direct bank transfer. 

Thank you and Stay safe. 

ouch bank transfer is very difficult to get back 

names them please..

who advised you to use bacs and by what method..phone email pers face to face talk?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you want your money back you will have to name the company....or at the least a link to their FB page.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When were you due to pay the balance?

Now they wont be able to perform their side of the bargain unless Boris changes things so they would have to refund you anyway.

My bet is like a load of other small businesses they are waiting for the govt money next month to see them through so even if you took action you wouldnt get anything.

A lack of written terms helps you as a consumer when it comes to them saying they you agreed to something as they will have to show some proof other than the payment of the deposit.