BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I keep an eye on the NHS board because I'm a former NHS manager.  I saw this thread started years ago and thought I'd have look.   I'm sure it's purely coincidental, but when I got to #61, it reminded me of a different poster on a different thread from last year.  They aren't identical, but the way things are expressed are remarkably similar.  (eg 20 min wait - ask receptionist - Drs are very busy - wait another 20 min - ask again - receptionist checks computer - says Dr has refused to see you because of complaint 2 years ago - transferred to another GP who expresses "shock" at other Dr's behaviour - vague and confusing references to a "justified" complaint.   Maybe it's just me, but they seem remarkably similar, although the other thread is missing a 2014, 2016, 2017 backstory.     layla_83   As others have already said, there seems little point in complaining now about issues that stem from things that happened in 2014 (and 2016?).  If you wanted to complain to "put the system right", you should have done that six years ago.  Even if the original GP is still about, they won't remember any of it, so there will be absolutely no opportunity for them to learn any lessons from it.  And the fact that the original GP did not want to see you (or rather your mother) because you (she) had made a complaint against them two years ago most certainly does not mean that the GP remembers anything from 2014, it just means that you (or your mother) are flagged up on their system as a "complainer".  As I asked a year ago, why would anyone be unhappy because a GP they had previously complained about refused to see them?  You should be relieved!!!  You say the GP should not take the complaint personally, but if I were a GP I would not want to treat anyone who has made a complaint against me.  (And if you are connected to that other thread, you should have complained to your local CCG or the GMC by now).   You were going to send a letter of complaint to the practice in 2017, so why only now complain about their response?  Did it take them nearly three years to reply?
    • Hi JeelyM and welcome to CAG   1. Do you have the details of the person you bought the bike from.   2. Did you go to their address when you bought it.   3. Did you pay cash for it or what other means.   4. Did you pay the full market for buying the bike.   5. What did you pay.   6. Give us make and model of the bike please.
    • Pre-final draft of my WS. Any fresh eyes would be great as ive been on this for the last 7 hours now and I cant see for looking anymore.  massively sorry if ive missed anything, your help, advice and guidance has been invaluable.   *** Still unsure about my point 6 and POFA and how its failing to create keeper liability as NTK a. mentions POFA, it states the 28 days. Help!  The only thing i'm sure of is that i defo didnt receive a notice to driver as per POFA. Any specifics that i can actually quote would be brilliant right now.   Will be sending off tomorrow. Still nervous about the fact that i need to post this to CEL and will therefore be late. Will this matter? i can also email a copy to a random mediate email address they put on some correspondence in the meantime. Still havent received theirs neither FYI.    cheers people LLH witness statement.pdf
    • LEDs already light our houses but developments are making them even more powerful. View the full article
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
        • Thanks
      • 66 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
Buzz88

Wedding Supplier Cancellation

Hi guys, 
To cut a long story short sadly my July wedding has fallen foul of COVID-19 and I have had to cancel due to the uncertainty. 

I am now in the process of contacting Suppliers, most have been fine with issuing refunds including any deposits paid however I am having an issue with one particular Supplier. 

I have paid 50% of the invoiced price to the Supplier (they invoiced me for 6k and I have paid 3k)

During booking I was not sent a copy of any terms and conditions nor was I made to sign anything.
I was just given an invoice.

I have reviewed our email correspondence and not once does the Supplier mention that the deposit and any monies paid are ‘non-refundable’ so I feel I am entitled to all of my money back. 

Could anyone else shed any light on my situation?
Should I continue to push for the money?
As I cannot afford to write off 3k.

Thank you guys.

Hi Buzz and Welcome to CAG

First off if you would name this supplier and what should they have supplied...how did you book it (On line/shop/phone).....how did you pay for it. The name is important then we can dig up their terms and conditions of business.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for coming back to me, 

They were due to be providing decoration for my wedding, tablecloths and aisle decorations etc.

They do not have a website or any terms and conditions at all.

They have a Facebook and Instagram page but nothing else.

I booked and paid for it via direct bank transfer. 

Thank you and Stay safe. 

ouch bank transfer is very difficult to get back 

names them please..

who advised you to use bacs and by what method..phone email pers face to face talk?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

if you want your money back you will have to name the company....or at the least a link to their FB page.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When were you due to pay the balance?

Now they wont be able to perform their side of the bargain unless Boris changes things so they would have to refund you anyway.

My bet is like a load of other small businesses they are waiting for the govt money next month to see them through so even if you took action you wouldnt get anything.

A lack of written terms helps you as a consumer when it comes to them saying they you agreed to something as they will have to show some proof other than the payment of the deposit.