You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for getting back to me HB and thank you for the welcome. I’ve had a read around and that’s why I posted. I’ve read the great advice given. Compliance does sound scary,  in fact the HMRC scares me!  I know by looking at what I was awarded which is far more than what I pay for child care. I don’t think I worked out the child care element properly when my son started school     
    • Hello and welcome to CAG.   If I remember rightly, compliance isn't usually as scary as it sounds.   The best thing to do is to have your information assembled and to tell the truth. I don't think anyone who has posted here has been prosecuted, the tax credit people normally arrange for you to repay what's been overpaid by deductions from future benefits.   Have a read around our HMRC forum for cases similar to yours where people have come back and told us the outcome.   Best, HB
    • Hi.   I'm so sorry about your news, it must have been a shock.   I haven't been in your situation but I would consider contacting the SRA tomorrow to find out what's happened. If your boss is telling the truth I imagine it's a serious breach of something.   I would also check out a benefits calculator like turn2us to find out what you might be entitled to in the way of benefits.   Sorry I can't help more.   HB   PS This is the SRA's web page on when a firm is closed down. I see there's a link for employees to follow. You may have seen it of course. https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/solicitor-closed-down/intervention/
    • I'm sure this is very shocking and distressing news. I suggest that you monitor this thread because I'm absolutely certain that one or two people who understand the whole area will probably come online and visit this thread and give you the advice you need.
    • Hi.  Hope you you are all keeping safe and well. I have worked for a law firm for nearly 21 years.  I and a junior were the only staff not to be Furloughed.  Yesterday teatime I received an email from my boss to say that on friday he was contacted by SRA to say that they were making an intervention order and Firm is closed as from tomorrow.  No information on what will happen just said we are redundant with immediate effect.  Obvs I have been scouring internet for information but my head is in pieces so just asking if anyone can offer me any information/advice on what I need to do.  Anything would be much appreciated          
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
dean64

Fixed speed gatso camera

I was travelling through a roadworks with a temporary speed limit of 20mph.

There is a gatso fixed speed camera within the roadworks signposted 40mph.

I mistakenly went past the camera at 35 to 40mph thinking that the 20mph limit is after the camera.

After driving back the temporary 20mph limit is definitely before the 40mph gatso.

Have I been fined?

doubtful.if the camera has always been there...

they wouldn't bother to reassign it's speed limit for the short period of time for the Rworks run its course.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

If they are going to take action against you they have 14 days from the offence to serve a NIP on the registered keeper of the vehicle.  So if you are the registered keeper you'll know for sure in a couple of weeks (assuming your address details are correct on your car's V5C and any NIP does not go astray in the post).

If you are not the registered keeper (ie you don't hold the V5C because eg it's a company car, or a lease car, or it's on finance) you may not know for several weeks or more.  Any prosecution for speeding must be initiated within six months, so that's the longest you'll need to wait.

If you get a request to identify the driver, you must do so regardless of when you receive it.

FWIW, dx100uk is probably correct and you won't hear any more - but you never know...

Thanks DX. Your a lifesaver.

Thanks Manxman.

Everybody stay safe.