BankFodder BankFodder

I live in a private rented property that is littered with landlords attempted repairs and things that need repairing. Last night, whilst bathing, my bath parted ways with it’s legs and dropped quite suddenly. The legs on the outside of the bath have completely fallen off (they were stuck on with foam tape and not screwed to the floor at all) the bath had no additional support. 

Do i have any rights with refusing to allow the landlord to carry out the work himself (expecting a bodge job as per everything else he’s done in the house) and insisting that an actual trades person fixes or replaces the bath? Or do I have to allow him to “fix” the bath and risk further injury to myself? 

Landlords must keep the utilities in working order, make sure the tenants can heat the property effectively and keep it free from hazards. If there’s anything that affects damp, heat and safety, they must repair it as soon as possible and make sure as a minimum they respond to the tenant’s issues within 14 days of them making contact.

If they don’t and the tenant complains to the council, Landlords may face prosecution and/or fines.

https://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/landlord-insurance/knowledge-centre/running-your-property/landlord-responsibilities-property-maintenance-repairs

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Definitely make a written complaint to both the council and the estate agents for your record. Also obtain a quote from a proper plumber and provide as an alternative with your complaint.