Parcel2go/Hermes lost my parcel.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've used Parcel2go to send parcel with Hermes

I didn't buy insurance because I was sending broken tv anyway.

Of course they lost it.

I spoke to Parcel2go and they just kept saying that I should buy insurance and that they don't take responsibility.

Also that I can't contact Hermes directly because contract was signed with Parcel2go.

Is there anything I can do to receive compensation.

Tv was sold through eBay so I have some kind of proof of value of the item.

Thank you for any advice.

Did you declare a value for it?

How much are you trying to claim back?

Well I hope that you have read enough threads on this forum to understand that the general view is that you should be entitled to claim up to your declared value – regardless of whether there has been insurance.

This of course assumes that the declared value is the correct value.

Also I hope that you have looked at the channel four investigation into Hermes the other day and you have seen that they routinely send loads of stuff off for auction – even though there are labels clearly displayed – and presumably they are pocketing the money along with the auction house commission. I find myself wondering whether there aren't regular buyers who are looking for this kind of stuff and are buying it all at a very low price and then reselling it on eBay.
Clearly your TV is broken so that probably wouldn't happen to it – but on the other hand, it shows the rather cavalier attitude that Hermes have towards their responsibilities and also towards goods belonging to other people. It's really quite disgusting and I'm amazed that the authorities haven't stepped in and taken action against what amounts to recklessly dishonest behaviour.

If you want to get your money back then I think you're going to have to do two things. You are going to have to find out the valuation that you made. In future when you send off these things, you should be more careful about recording the information you provide. Send Parcel2Go an SAR and see what comes back.

Secondly, you are going to have to you get at least one – and preferably two independent estimates of the value of your broken TV. If they all match up then we can help you. It's a shame that you didn't keep a record of the value that you put into Parcel2Go because it could have all happened a lot quicker. Maybe you can have a look at your Parcel2Go account and you might find the details there which will save you load of hassle. If not send off an SAR straightaway.

I completely agree with you about Hermes and that is one of the reasons why I don't want to give up to easy on this matter.

I will try to find record of the value if I don't I will send  SAR and see what happened. 

Is picture of the auction from eBay any form of valuation ??

I will put an update here later on.

Thank you 

If I were you I would send the SAR anyway. It doesn't cost you any money and it will save time to get it going quickly.

In terms of the value of the TV – why don't you tell us about it.

Who are you sending it to? Why was it broken? Had you sold it? Let's have more information

Ok I will send it to them.

Tv was sold on eBay auction won by lady from Salisbury area. It stated that is faulty. It didn't have any physical damage. Tv constantly turn on and off every few seconds.

ebaytv.PNG

Okay, presumably you receive payment for it which has now had to have been returned to her. Presumably the payment was made by PayPal.

Make sure you have got screenshots and printouts of everything. We don't want to find down the road that you are missing some important information because you have lost it we didn't bother to get it. Find out what valuation you put in – and once again, in future do this as a matter of course. We shouldn't need to have these delays.