Cabot/Restons Claimform - 1st Vanquis Card debt - Stayed now resurfaces ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay so that makes the figures correct....its correct to not quote the costs within their statement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

but I'm disputing the figures in the 'Default notice' and the fact that it does not tally with the breakdown in the spreadsheet, "how was the figure in the 'Default notice' calculated?'.

Also disputing the credit limit in the Default Notice which has no proof of starting credit limit and ending credit limit.

I'm getting lost... shouldn't  the figure be 3,285.30 on the N1?
If not there is no breakdown for costs between the default notice amount of 3,285.30 and the amount of 3,393.91 before costs on the N1. This is a difference of 108.61.

That said I'm also disputing the figures in the 'Default notice' and the fact that it does not tally with the breakdown in the spreadsheet, so basically "how was the figure in the 'Default notice' calculated?' and I am still disputing the credit limit in the Default Notice which has no guide of starting credit limit or ending credit limit within the evidence provided.

Or have I just lost the plot ;)

Thank you for all your time.

Yes £3285.30 should be on the N1......they state in their statement....

The Default Notice required repayment of the arrears of £262.44 by 11 March 2015, failing which the then outstanding balance of £3,285.30 would become due.

They then state.....8. And the Claimant claims: (i) The sum of £3,393.91

The N1 states total amount claimed  £3658.91 ......should state £3285.0 plus 'Court fee' of £185.00 and 'Legal representative's costs' of £80.00 =

£3550.30 which is £108.61 over claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And you have prepared your statement and disclosures as per the court directions dated 26th August. ? 

Andy

Hi Andy, in process. I was waiting till after the 2nd to send on.

BG2017

Quick question is the below a true statement and in particular "the time of your last payment or acknowledgement of the debt " .

"Under the Limitation Act 1980 a creditor has six years to chase most unsecured unpaid debts, or twelve years for some mortgage shortfalls.

This 'limitation period' starts from the time of your last payment or acknowledgement of the debt, not the total length of time you've been making payments."

Thanks again.

On 09/05/2020 at 11:53, bigtrouble2017 said:

What was the date of your last payment? Around October 2014

cant be statute barred anyway as the claim date was 30th april

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the issuance of a claimform halts the sb clock..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that would depend on the nature of the dispute...major or minor.....but in the main yes debts with disputes can be legally assigned...because the agreement is terminated at the time of assignment.

It only stops the clock if the claim proceeds to allocation then judgment for the claimant.If the claim is dismissed or left in a stayed state then the claim has no effect on the limitations.

Andy

• 1 month later...

OK so this is an update from my previous conversations and I appreciate the continued support which has been very helpful.

So, this case proceeded to court and was heard on the 30th October this year.
I presented my defence which focused on an illegible agreement and a transactional spreadsheet that did not tally.
The Judge agreed that the agreement was illegible and asked the claimants to provide a legible copy of the agreement and also a more concise breakdown of the transactions spreadsheet which lead to their figures. They were given 18 days to supply this information and the case was adjourned.

So today I received a letter from the claimants solicitors which said that their client had taken the decision to discontinue with proceedings, but reminded me that the debt had not been written off. The case is now closed.

My last question to you again revolves around the limitation act as the date of the hearing on the 30th october was exactly 6 years to the day when the last acknowledged payment was made on this account, would this mean that the limitation has now passed as the clock would be running again?

Thanks again for all your support and help in this case.

Correct and you won!!

Well done everyone

dX

and they

My last question to you again revolves around the limitation act as the date of the hearing on the 30th october was exactly 6 years to the day when the last acknowledged payment was made on this account, would this mean that the limitation has now passed as the clock would be running again?

That would depend on what date was on the DN +14 days...yes your last payment may of been 28th Oct 2014 but I doubt the DN was dated same date.....if say for argument it was dated 30th Jan 2015 then it wont be Statute Barred until 13th Feb 2016...so you would still have a couple of months to run.

But I wouldn't worry ...they wont re issue...well done.

Topic title amended 

Andy

• Like 1

• AndyOrch changed the title to Cabot/Restons Claimform - 1st Vanquis Card debt - Stayed now resurfaces ***Claim Discontinued***