Bristol Energy, - On economy 10 but being charged economy 7?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent BE a SAR for the phone transcripts.

I received an acknowledgement saying they are looking into it and will arrange to have the relevant phone call transcripts sent to me. (So that was a good result yes? They could have said they don't keep records I suppose).

Their letter was dated 7th of July. One month ago. I am still waiting for the transcripts.

In the meantime, I have reduced the DD to £100 (from £211).

An electrician friend suggests I request the installation of a side meter to test the original meter while I am waiting for the transcripts.

I will report progress

I I think that you should send them a letter immediately warning them about their breach of statutory duty in failing to provide you with your data disclosure within the statutory period. It's important to have a paper trail on all of this.

Bristol Energy may be in a difficult position at the moment, as Bristol City Council who own them, have decided to sell .  Whether this has affected them being able to deal with Data Protection Subject Access Requests ?  I should imagine that their customers may be contacting them in large numbers given the uncertainty and that may the reason for any delays. 

The OP may want to resolve their issue as soon as possible, as if another energy company does buy the portfolio of customers remaining, I am not sure this would lead to a quicker resolution.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Bankfodder,

I have today sent a warning letter by special delivery to BE re their failure to comply with the statutory request. I have also requested a second meter to be installed beside the existing meter and used to monitor the accuracy of the existing meter, as per the electrician's advice.

Thank you, also, UncleBulgaria67,

Interesting. But would BE be able to use that to excuse their not complying with the statutory request time limit?

No

• 1 month later...

i think you'll have to start again.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes Energy Ombudman

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

It might be worth you writing to Together head office, just informing them of your problems and that you will now be taking a complaint forward with Ombudsman.

Together will have taken responsibility for any issues you had with Bristol Energy

https://www.bristol-energy.co.uk/bristol-energy-and-together-energy-faqs

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes in terms of the SAR, you will probably have to begin again. Of course you shouldn't have to and in fact the new owners of the business should be assuming all of these responsibilities – but I suppose the most prudent thing to do is to begin again. Send an SAR today.

However, what I don't understand is why you are sending a subject access request with a clear 30 day statutory deadline – and then when the deadline passes, you do nothing. What's the point? I'll huff and I'll puff… and then I'll come back and do some more huffing and puffing – and then maybe I'll come back and do some more…

• 3 weeks later...

Another twist. I have received notification that Together have not actually taken over BE. Rather they have become partners.

So I take it that my SAE is still valid?

BankFodder, 

I take your point. But I am not a solicitor. They did acknowledge the SAR and said it would be passed to the relevant department. 

As I said, I have heard nothing since.

Where do I go from here? To be honest, I don't have the greatest faith in Ombudsmen