BankFodder BankFodder

Fringer

Parcel2Go refused to collect then didn't bother to show!

Hi there

I booked a collection of a faulty double bed memory foam mattress, I gave the sizes and weight of this and paid the amount required

The courier arrived on the day but refused to take it saying it was 'too big' 

I told him I had put the right size and weight but he refused and drove off.

I contacted Parcel2go who apologised and rebooked for the next day

The next day, no courier arrived. 

This is a double mattress which is causing an obstruction in my hallway as I was told if I leave it outside I would not be covered on insurance and the courier may even refuse to collect it 

I am also having to take days off work unpaid for these bookings.

It was re-booked for the 3rd time which was today and when I contact the help team on line earlier, I was told it would definitely be collected today. 

Yet again they didn't show 

I have now cancelled and will re-book with someone else but have been told I have to wait 5-7 days for my refund?

Not only am I 3 days pay down, I have to wait a week for my money back? Surely that cant be right?

I think you need to give us a more detailed story. 

Have you just bought the bed and are you trying to return it? If so then who did you buy it from? Why didn't they organise the return of it?

although you organise this with Parcel2Go, which courier company was it that refuse to take it and then which courier company was it that later on didn't turn up?

Also are you doing all this on the telephone? Of course as you've been here since 2010 you will have read our customer services guide and you will be recording all your calls won't you? Bravo.

I bought the mattress from Silent Night on Amazon, it was a memory foam mattress and it didn't expand as it should. 

I contacted Silent Night and was told I need to go through Amazon to arrange a return.

They gave me the names of 2 collection companies as it is such a large item.

I have since rebooked with Parcel2go at a further cost of £50 to me and have been waiting in all day for them to collect. I now need to go get my mothers medication so checked online to see when they were coming and the site tells me

1. it was refused at 7.37am this morning (no one came) and

2. when I try to rebook it it says it's been collected!

WHat is it with these companies?

I've now used another company called ParcelCompare and they have done the exact same thing

Have said they came twice at 7.30am and no one was in when I was

How on earth can I get this mattress collected????

Amazon are saying they cant arrange collection, Silent Night say it is nothing to do with them