BMI Healthcare CCJ - Andrew Wilson and Co notice of enforcement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no stop panicking

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5 hours ago, morgan8080 said:

Would baliffs be allowed to go back to work now the rules have been eased a bit?

would I get another letter or will I get an unannounced visit by them?

The 'rules' have been only mildly eased and ONCE AGAIN, please can I reassure you that 'enforcement visits' have CEASED....and will be some time yet before they can re-commence.  

In relation to your question as to whether you would be sent another 'notice' (before a visit would be made), I don't have the answer at this present time but hope to shortly. 

and what can they do if they do turn up????

please read your thread carefully and stop unnecessarily panicking.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where do you park it?

dx

and they

good so they can't touch it without a writ of control

it's on private property.

you should already know this...

dx

and they

I thought they could ... I really must have things wrong.. thought they could say they would tow it away if I don’t pay? 

I am feeling happier that I read myself on CIVEA their governing body that they are not visiting at the moment . It’s not that I didn’t believe what was said it’s just sometimes you need to read it yourself .

i appreciate  all your help this far

well there's lots of things here you don't appear to ever believe till you find them out for yourself...

no HCEO bailiff has any powers to 'tow away' or 'clamp' your car on private property for a civil debt without a writ of control.

behind gates is even better

and they

My previous experience with baliffs was for council tax debt they were awful and we paid in full after borrowing money as they tried to take my car even though debt was my partners. I complained to CIVEA as they had “forgotten to wear body cameras - didn’t get anywhere. They were  bullyish and scared us.

Can you explain a bit more as I read that they can tow / take car if not paid and only cannot take it off someone else’s drive or private property 

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

well there's lots of things here you don't appear to ever believe till you find them out for yourself...

no HCEO bailiff has any powers to 'tow away' or 'clamp' your car on private property for a civil debt without a writ of control.

behind gates is even better

Incorrect, they can gain entry through an open door and  they can take anything in your garden even for a civil debt, they can also clamp cars on the road.

Again flagrantly incorrect.

The section you miss quote refers to other people properry

A question I have just seen on MSE?

Why is cag giving such awful inaccuraciescurate advice?

Thoughts DX

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

has a writ of control really been issued?

it's only a notice of enforcement of an old ccj as far as we know here?

and they

All I received was the NOE giving me 7 days to pay in full or to make a payment arrangement they have to come out ( which is something only Andrew Wilson do as I looked at other forums by googling them ) I came here right away - put in an n245 as advised . I have heard nothing from court to take my payment as the lady on phone said they would call when they came to process mine. 

So shall I call court again and ask if there is a warrant?? 

if a writ of control has been applied for it will be stated so in the box on the NOE.

I would expect this HCEO involvement is solely BMI (if they were the claimant - we still don't know this yet morgan!) simply phoned AW, as people like uni's do with CCJ's using the sheriffs officers, and paid a £60 fee to employ them?, i bet there will be no writ to enforce. just glorified DCA's..

and they

2 hours ago, morgan8080 said:

My previous experience with baliffs was for council tax debt they were awful and we paid in full after borrowing money as they tried to take my car even though debt was my partners.

a council liability order is rubber stamped by a magistrate...this is a civil county court default judgement CCJ. big diff!

and they

On the NOE it says who I owe money to.. BMi

then under enforcement details says High court ref number - Northampton district registery ( then reference)

then County Court claim number - County Court Money claims centre ( then same ref as above )

then sum outstanding 

debt £833.60

then interest £1.10

then compliance stage fee £90

total sum £924.70 

Does this mean they aren’t as heavy handed??

magistrate can fine and jail you as they deal with criminal matters 

this is a civil consumer debt which is not crime.

so a county court CCJ

there appears is no writ of control (of goods) mentioned then so they didn't apply to the court for one...?

and they

Why not take the initiative here.

write to BMI and Andrew Wilson stating your current position. Make a payment for £10 or whatever is affordable and confirm what repayment arrangement you can stick to which  is affordable.

Whatever payment offer you make is the one you are asking for via the Court, but given the current Coronavirus problems, it may take time for that procrss to be gone through. So to me it makes sense to just get on with it and start the process of starting a repayment process.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If a NOE has been sent the warrant must have issued in the high court.

The warrant is the instruction for he bailiff to act.

It is not that the bailiff cannot force entry without one.

He cannot even be instructed without one, he cannot act on the matter at all.

When the warrant has been issued the bailiff can(after compliance) call and recover goods belonging to you, either from your live or anywhere you live or work, as long as he does not have to use force.

It seems that you have now passed the compliance stage and have incurred a £90 fee.

Now the bailiff under normal circumstances could call.

The legal situation is that the statutory period ended last Wednesday, so if anyone was bloody minded enough they could go back.

Also I have not seen any additional legal instruction which says otherwise. 

We heard what the PM said about going back to work, if you cannot work from home. S

o personally with due respect, without sight of something that says we will not be working, I would not be keeping my car at home. Perhaps I am being over cautious.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I wrote to bmi but they haven’t replied .. I may try phoning and then put in writing 

if I email Andrew Wilson again what should I write ?

I really don’t know what to do??

Am being told to not worry but I am now 

Why not just ring and ask if there is an outstanding warrant on you, when it was issued and if you are still able to set up a payment pan. (if that is what you want to do.

This may just settle the matter and would kill the possibility of further fees being added.

But... on their standard letter it says that they will only do this if they can visit assess circumstances ( and add a fee) do I try and hope in current climate they agree to an arrangement ? Or do I pursue BMI first and push the payment arrangement there 

On the phone to court and there’s a writ of control dated 24th april

The lady on phone told me that baliffs are not allowed to work and the government would have to lift the restriction 

10 hours ago, dx100uk said:

magistrate can fine and jail you as they deal with criminal matters 

this is a civil consumer debt which in not crime.

so a county court CCJ

there appears is no writ of control (of goods) mentioned then so they didn't apply to the court for one...

DX, I have to be really honest here and say that I am shocked to read your allegation.

For any High Court Enforcement company to seek to obtain money WITHOUT a Writ of Control being issued would be highly illegal. And yet, you have made this allegation without any proof at all. 

This entire thread has been somewhat of a farce from beginning to end and we are now on page 6. 

• Thanks 1