Secret Escapes Ltd- hotel booking Lanzarote cancelled due to Covid 19

style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 1452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Hi all I’m new here πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Hope everyone is safe and well.Β 
Β 

My partner and I booked a hotelΒ with Secret Escapes Ltd for a 5 night stay in Lanzarote for 17th May.

We wereΒ contacted in March and advised that the hotel will be closed for our dates due to Covid 19.

Β 

We asked for a refund and was advised that hotel-only bookings through SE were non-refundable as stated in the T&C’s.

We booked the flight separately through Ryanair ( that’s another problem!) so aren’t covered by ATOL.Β 

I contacted the hotel directly as SE advised our contract is with the hotel, not them.

The hotel said we could look to change dates but would have to pay their advertised price... which is 80% more than what we have paid!Β 

We then contacted our credit card provider to request a charge back as the hotel were unable to provide the service we have paid for and this was refused on the basis that the T&C’s state hotels are non-refundable.Β 

If we were cancelling the hotelΒ by choice then I absolutely wouldn’t expect a refund but I believe that under the circumstances we should be offered a refund as the hotel has closed and we are paying for a service that is no longer available.Β 

Is anyone else in a similar position?

If so what have you put in place to resolve your issue?Β 
Β 

Any advice would be appreciated thank you.Β 
Β 

Β 

Hi Carla and Welcome to CAG

Β 

The following topic may be of interest to you rather than repeat all the advice here.

Β 

Β 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Β 

Have we helped you ...?Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to the Consumer Action GroupΒ -Β The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your TopicΒ please PM me a link to your thread

Hi AndyΒ 

I wasn’t sure if the same terms apply with the booking not being made for a hotel in the U.K?Β 
Β 

I’m unsure what to do as the charge back was refused when we spoke with a customer service agent who said MasterCard were refusing to process any chargeback’s related to Covid 19. We haven’t been sent that in writing, just the say-so of the agent.Β 
Β 

Β 

credit or debit card?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marksΒ and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVERΒ  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

which can be either…..

Β 

you don't do a chargeback on a credit card

Β 

you do a CCA section 75 claim as the provider is equally liableΒ 

they can't refuse in most cases.esp regarding the current climateΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marksΒ and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVERΒ  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β