Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • OK.  So you lent your car to a friend in 2019 and he racked up three parking tickets that he tells you he didn't know anything about(!).  You were the registered keeper (RK) at the time at your family address, but you got chucked out and could not change your RK address with DVLA because you were homeless.  You knew nothing about the parking tickets and enforcement action until you got a bailiffs' letter passed on to you.  You made an Out of Time (OOT) application in respect of one PCN but Birmingham CC objected to it and the traffic court rejected your application.  A solicitor helped you make OOTs in respect of the other two PCNs but you don't yet know the outcome of those two applications.   Is that the situation you are in?   dx100uk thinks you can resubmit the application saying your friend was the driver.  I don't think saying that will help as the driver is irrelevant.  It's the owner who is liable to pay the charge and that is the RK (unless the RK is a car hire firm).  I assume you are not a car hire firm so you are stuck with the liability, not the driver.   Whether you actually can resubmit an OOT once one has been rejected I do not know, but why not try.  What did the solicitor put on the applications they helped you with?  Did you not ask their advice about the rejected application while you were with them?  I think you would have to say something to the effect that you never received any paperwork in relation to the PCNs because you had been chucked out of your home and because you were homeless you did not update your address at DVLA.  That is the truth isn't it?  You don't want to lie on the application.   To me that's a good reason for you not doing anything about the PCNs, but I suspect that Birmingham CC will object again and that the traffic court will reject again.  And, as I said above, I don't even know if you can submit a second OOT application in respect of a PCN if the first has been rejected.   So it looks to me like you might be a bit stuck.   Unless dx100uk, or spaceman61, or another poster with expertise in local authority PCNs comes along I'm not sure what you do.   If you get no more helpful suggestions here you could try on National Consumer Service.  If you do go there, do not register with a hotmail address.  You will also need to provide them with a timeline of everything for all the documents you actually have, and you will need all the facts and dates etc at your fingertips.  And make sure they are accurate.   http://forums.National Consumer Service.com/index.php?showforum=30   And get your friend to contribute to paying off the PCNs.  Do you believe he really knew nothing about them?
    • To enjoy the protection offered by s.75 CCA 1974 for a credit card payment, you must pay over £100 and under £30,000 for the goods or service (even if part payment for a larger total amount).
    • Hi Charlie and welcome to CAG   As an Executor, you have a duty to insure the property and tell the currect insurer of the passing of the deceased.   Most insurers will refuse normal contents cover on a house left unoccupied beyond 60 days. So, unoccupied, the home will not be insured against break-in damage, theft, flood, accidental damage, etc.   You may be able to obtain FLEE insurance covering only Fire, Lightening, Explosion and Earthquake. It may cost more than usual contents cover  because the home is unoccupied, even though the level/amount of cover is less than for an occupied home.   As said here already, an Executor would be wise (or indeed have a duty) to remove valuables from the home if you have somewhere safer to store them pending Probate, distribution, sale, etc.   I hope if you can explain the insurance risks to YB and assure him that you are not taking items just for your own benefit, he may see sense.   Please keep us updated ............
    • yours is not the next move   dx  
  • Our picks

Cancelled BT within 14 days but they wont leave me alone.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 205 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I don't know if I have already pointed out to you that BT are excellent at chasing debts or imaginary debts – far better than they are at providing communication services.

If I haven't pointed it out to you – well you know now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BT are sending a final confirmation bill via email and written letter confirming 0 is owed, and are offering £50 compensation. Based on what I have experienced I have no way of knowing if this will end as i have been told I owe nothing and records will be updated many times.


Here is the email .... the "reasons" I gave her were the same list of events posted here earlier......



The copy invoice will be different as you will see the bill reference is F which means a final bill, you will then see a credit note for the same balance reducing this down to 0. This is what I can email you in a zipped file if you will be able to open this so you can see this sooner,

Unfortunately for the reasons you have put below you cannot claim compensation for this and anything offered would be goodwill. As you do not have any services with us I cannot offer you anything in relation to your rental. I can offer you a goodwill credit of £50 which I will refund but I cannot offer anything other than this,

Let me know how you would like to proceed,

Kind Regards,

Glasgow Billing Complaints
Business Customer Support Advisor


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's up to you whether you want to accept this compensation. If you do accept it then presumably it will bring everything to an end – assuming that they are as good as their word. On the other hand, it may all start up again.

You haven't actually told us what your losses all inconvenience have been. Also, we don't know if this is impacted on your credit file and we don't know who else they have shared the data with.

They have certainly instructed a debt collector or they had sold the debt on – and frankly I think you need to know more about this before making a decision.

If they have shared your data with the debt collection agency then quite frankly you want it all removed and I think it is worth a lot more than 50 quid.

It's up to you. Maybe you just prefer to get on with your business and have a quiet life – and I don't blame you. On the other hand may be you want to take some trouble and get more and it could be worth a couple of hundred quid – but it might take a lot of persistence to get this.

Certainly 50 quid voluntary compensation doesn't really do anything to teach them a lesson.

I think you have to let us know what you want to do. You could wait until the return date of the SAR to see what they are holding on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2020 at 15:16, BankFodder said:

You haven't actually told us what your losses all inconvenience have been. Also, we don't know if this is impacted on your credit file and we don't know who else they have shared the data with.

Yes I posted a list of events and mentioned earlier this is the only means I have to demonstrate my losses, I also pointed out I have no broadband downtime.

I also responded I had checked my credit file and it was Excellent as a score but Experian offer no other information on any events.  

So the SAR I sent should answer the last question by the time its 30days is up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

email sent.....



I have had a letter that you have sent this to a debt collection agency, I understand you were not entitled to do this. I have sent a SAR to the billing team recorded to see exactly who my information was shared with. I will be seeking substantially more than the goodwill credit you have offered if this has been handed to a DCA. I will await the outcome of the SAR at this point but you can of course offer a better settlement and any other information regarding the DCA on return of this email the involvement of a DCA would change this scenario substantially.

You have to understand I have been told this has been settled many times but it has not, in that instance you must see the list of events I sent you and realise telling me anything now is hard to accept as truthful or will be realised.


I have started the process for a legal claim against BT it would take something solid and trustworthy to stop this now.  




The account has not went to our debt collection team,

I am sorry you are not happy with the offer made. I have discussed your case with my supervisor and they have agreed that they can increase the offer to £100.

If you still do not want to accept this offer then unfortunately this means we have reached 'deadlock'. This means that we have been unable to come to a resolution and we would issue you a letter maintaining BT's final position. The next step would then be for you to take your complaint out with of BT and your complaint with us will be closed,

Let me know how you would like to proceed,


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...