BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Industrial Training Bond debt collection advice

Hi all, 

re: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420990-industrial-training-bond-debt-collection-advice/

They had initially chased me for the money and i spoke to centrica directly disagreeing with owing this money and the department in Centrica who deal with money owed advised me to email another department which i did.

The email contained my reasoning behind leaving, my justification in doing so and why i don't agree with owing this money. 

I had heard nothing from centrica since that email was sent

now 3 years later i'm being harassed by credit style asking repay this money.

I was wondering if anyone else in this thread has heard anything else since receiving these letters as i appear to be a month or 2 behind you lot.

They have left me numerous voice mails

however on one of the recent voicemails they said they'll have to pass the debt back to centrica if i don't contact them?

I also read that employers can't seek money off an employee through a government funded apprenticeship however i'm not sure how true that holds to this particular case though the apprenticeship at least partly was government funded.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

(i recently done a credit check on my name and i have zero debt on my credit file also)  

It's gone quiet for me. Maybe to be expected with the current situation (Covid-19). Or a sign they're moving on as I'm not playing their game?

ignore them all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

they have solved your problem for you.

If you don't pay up they will stop harassing you as they dont do that for free so it becomes Centrica's problem again.

centrica will have to provide proper accounts as to what is owed and why and they may find this costs more than the debt they are chasing.

maintain radio silence for the meanwhile