BankFodder BankFodder

Sunraid

@Hermesparcels Lost Parcel

I recently employed Hermes to deliver 2 parcels to a technology company.

The first parcel was issued on the 20th March, just a small box with a faulty hard drive in it.  Hermes managed to fail to deliver this box and stated the company was closed.

The second a much larger parcel a with more hard drives a couple of days late.

Long story short I have been kicking and screaming about these parcels since around 4/5 April but without much success.

I tried contacting Hermes (Impossible) stumbled across the CEO's email address and thought what have i to lose, so sent an email.

I got a reply form someone else, thanking my contact with the CEO and he would be dealing with it.

Anyway the smaller parcel turned up and was delivered, 33 days later.

The second much larger one is still missing.

My issue is that the hard drives that I sent had no value as they are faulty and all registered to me but what normally happens is the receiving company repair or replace because they are under warranty.

The true value of the hard drives sent (if working) would be in excess of £1000.

I only took out the standard insurance as I did not expect them to go missing (what a fool).

Do I have the option to pursue Hermes for the full amount If I can prove there actual worth?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

I suppose you have seen this television programme 

Despite the fact that it seems that there is a lot of dishonest activity that Hermes – or at least extremely poor management of the operation and a very high level – probably Martijn de Lange , a lot will depend on what your declared value was.

You shouldn't need to insure. You paid for the delivery and you shouldn't have to pay extra to protect yourself against the incompetence of Hermes. However, if you didn't declare the correct value and that means that in principle Hermes would not have been able to form a decision is to whether or not to accept your commission to them to undertake the delivery of your property.

So what is the declared value?

Also, I have to ask, how is it that you come into possession of these faulty drives and you are able to assert some warranty rights so that they are replaced – new for old?

The actual value I have not calculated I was waiting to see if my chances are favourable before putting in the work.

the company I send these drives off to have a no quibble replacement process.

so they repair or replace.

i am going to watch the programme today.

thanks for your reply.