VCS ANPR PCN now letter of claim - Berkeley Centre

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wouldn't bother with the LBA upload

we know what they look like

just answer this and upload your NTK etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS PCN - Berkeley Centre, PCN, NTK, LBC

Thanks  All - just having phone and wifi issues - so just need to check document details berfore I upload NTK file in a separate post. Thanks. 

[ ANPR camera capture]

1 Date of the infringement 08/01/2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21/01/2020

3 Date received Not known - it went into a pile for another member of the family who was away - nearly got junked (all official mail to the Keeper usually has 2 initials)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes - ANPR camera photo of vehicle entering and exiting site - not actual parking.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services (VCS)

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Berkeley Centre, Sheffield

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here
PCN -Final Reminder - £100
Demand for Payment - £160
Final Demand - £160
Letter Before Claim - £160 + £25.00? Plus interest...

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN now letter of claim - Berkeley Centre

ok well the bottom line

from that other thread you are on

you need to send simon the same snotty letter.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First thought is that NTK date is 21/1/20 and date of infringement is 8/1/20. Since 2 days must be allowed for first class mail (assuming it was sent by mail), then it looks like it did not comply with the 14 day delivery requirement, as it would have arrived a day late. 

8+14=22??

and they

21 + 2 = 23.

Second thought - I believe this car park has been managed by Excel Services since 2018. Check the signs in the car park. I believe VCS is no longer managing the car park and Excel is a completely separate company, with separate registration at Companies House. Therefore they have no business bringing any claim at all - VCS has no contract with the landowner and cannot offer a contract to the motorist. 

These are defence points but you need to send the snotty letter and follow the procedures recommended on this site before you get to that stage. Be ultra careful not to mention you were the driver. They cannot assume the Keeper was the driver.

I have some thoughts ... in no particular order yet.

Thank you @anniebattlemum for yours and @dx100uk - the timing is a day out to comply then? ( They state themselves - the 2nd working day from the issue date)

There is no mention of the specific mention of POFA 2012

- there is mention of Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) 2002 and a request to the DVLA, then later in the paragraph that images/data is held on file in accordance with Data Protection Legislation?

Interestingly I note that the keeper is 'invited' to (i), (ii) or C - (in this instance the keeper has declined the invitation?) 

The NTK has not arrived in accordance with POFA 12 guidelines time frame.

The personal data of the RK has been processed without providing a GDPR compliant privacy notice to the RK.

The NTK does not provide a good explanation as to why a NTK is necessary as the contravention reason states that the maximum period allowed at the site is 120 minutes and the duration of the 'stay' was 75 minutes 

-  the period of parking was less than this.

The keeper is unaware of the requirements of this car park and the claimant has not shown why the 'duration of stay' (shown as 75 minutes) requires a charge ( as it is clearly less than the 120 minutes allowed mentioned in the Contravention Reason) - to comply with a NTK, surely there should be some evidence as to why the charge is necessary? 

The letter before claim has a form to fill in - I read on another thread to use a template from here , but not sure if that was for a parking charge notice. Please advise.

Thanks all 🤗

same letter ABM sent in her thread.

and they

Dx, in ABM's thread there was no LBA, the thread all started with the claimform.

Would be useful to understand what the fleecers are claiming the OP did wrong, as lookingforinfo asks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

opps sorry 

plenty of other bereley threads here with it in..use our search top right

as for payment..is not the free period 2hrs? so no ticket purchase needed?

• Like 1

and they

the post you have posted on by sh3ffield you will notice the claim was dismissed out of hand as the contract with the landowner states 2 hours free parking. So again, what is it they said you didn wrong? have you still got any of the paperwork? Did you write to them about this and if so what did you say.

Its says so

simon claims free parking is one hour 

so didnt buy ticket for outside the 60 mins

exactly same as that dismissed claim you posted on last night

and they

Can you please clarify the current terms and conditions for the carpark?

There is now a ticket machine, possibly installed by Excel when they took over the management.

Do you have to take a ticket however long you intend to stay, whether you will be in the free parking time or not?

Do you have to specify how long you intend to stay at the point of arrival?

Are you allowed 1 free hour and then you have to buy a ticket?

I presume the maximum period of parking is 2 hours but only 1 hour is free. Is that correct?

Do you have a photo of the advertised terms and conditions on the signage?

That would also clarify details of the current carpark management company.

If it's Excel, then it would be interesting to know which company applied to the DVLA for your details!!

(There's a standard letter asking DVLA for this info)

If Excel, then why is VCS making a claim against you?

If it was VCS and the advertised management company is Excel, then VCS had no right to apply for keeper data and that opens up a big can of worms with their AOS and data protection. 

• Like 3

Stuff on the Prankster about the VCS/Excel conflation,  might help frame what anniebattlemum alludes to above  be good to read up on it and you will see exactly where to trip Simple Simon up https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/06/vehicle-control-services-have-no-right.html

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I understand that not identifying the driver is important.

In this instance the keeper is also unaware of the car park terms and conditions and the PCN NTK did not show what car park charge, if any, existed at the time. 

A photo of the most recent signage was posted on another thread, but that has not been provided to the keeper by the company

. If they (the keeper) have never been there, or seen signage to explain the charges, the NTK is not clear why a PCN is necessary as there is no explanation of the tariffs. 

From the photograph of the signs, 1 hour is free. Up to 2hrs is £1.

It would take some good experience of parking sites and local knowledge of this particular car park to understand how fiercely any contravention might be dealt with.

Add into that any difficulty/delay in parking would that possibly amount to what would be an acceptable grace period - a driver staying for an hour might have assumed their hour began from parking and ended pulling out of the space. 

Any ticket purchase must be made on arrival. 

A contract is considered to have been entered when you drive on site as the anpr records vehicles - before signage is read? 

The 'right' to an appeal has long passed but a form was sent with the Letter before claim from the litigation & debt department am I to fill that in, or  acknowledge it in a letter? There is no official 'title' on the form (it is a reply form) There is a code on the side. 

There is also a sentence which says 'If you have any questions or would like to discuss the debt, please call the company that sent you this form as soon as possible'. 

Am I overthinking this, if they sent the NTK out of the allowed time frame, should that just be enough? 

I just want to ring them and say please don't persist.... 

No, the site was down earlier, I had problems with it around 5pm UK time.

• Thanks 1

Yes just come back up now for me. 

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Emma,

whatever you do, don't ring them.  It'd just encourage them into thinking they could scare you into paying.

Similarly, it's irrelevant to them if the NTK was sent out too late (mind you, it wouldn't be to a judge).  They'd just make up some reason it was OK anyway - they're conmen interested solely in £££££.

I'm afraid things won't be sorted out overnight.  These leeches have got your address and will hope to wear you down and/or scare you with threats of being hung, drawn & quartered in court, to get you to cough up.  The good news of course is that their claim is pants and they're eminently beatable - as Anniebattlemum's thread shows, no to mention the various other VCS & Excel victories shown in the PPC Successes thread at the top of the page.

You do need to send a snotty reply to the LBA, ridiculing their claim.  The idea is to show them they would have the hassle of dealing with a defended claim in court which may make them give up and go after some mug instead.  No guarantees of course.  Please do some research and then write up a draft of what you intend to send.

BTW, I love it that Anniebattlemum is now being referred to as ABM.  Perhaps we should add the abbreviation to the A-Z of Motoring Terms 🤣

Attached are photos of the signage at the Berkeley Centre taken last July. You will see that all the signs clearly state that the carpark is managed by Excel and would have been managed by Excel at the time of your alleged breach. In the light of this evidence, I would be inclined to include in your snotty letter, some words to the following effect:

You have no idea who this company VCS is, nor why they are asking you to pay them money.

Their correspondence refers to the carpark at the Berkeley Precinct, but you know for a fact that this carpark is managed by Excel Services, a completely different company.

You are deeply concerned that this outfit VCS has managed to get hold of your personal data and details of your vehicle registration.

You propose to take this whole data protection issue up with their trade organisation, IPC, and also the DVLA.

Please stop harassing me further.

FYI EmmaTPockets: Every PPC is reliant on its membership of an accredited trade organisation (IPC or BPA) to obtain access to info at the DVLA. If the PPC fails to observe the Code of Practice laid down by that association, it can be disciplined and possibly suspended, so that access to DVLA data is no longer possible - this has happened to VCS for 6 months in the past. This means they are no longer able to identify people to squeeze money out of, which is fundamental to their miserable business plan. This threat to inform  on them won't make them quake in their boots, but the idea is to persuade Simon that it's just easier to go after someone else, to take the pressure off you,. just as FTMDave says above. 

Berkeley Precinct photos 11.7.19.pdf

• Like 3