Missing cheque.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone could offer advice or suggestions about a situation I've been sort of dragged into and, because of the current pandemic, I can't think of a solution.

I was sent a cheque in the sum of £250.00 by Plusnet, drawn on their bank, Barclays. 

I used my Halifax app. to pay that into my account on 8th April. 

On 9th April an entry, "unpaid cheque" appeared on my online statement and the balance on my account was reduced accordingly.

I tried to call Halifax many, many times over the following 7 days and was never able to speak with them. 

Their recorded message simply said, "we are unable to speak with you at this time. Goodbye". 

I was so incenced that I decided to leave them and started the Switch process to move to Starling Bank. 

This move has gone very smoothly and is now complete. 

I did continue to attempt to contact Halifax over the subsequent 7 days and I would estimate that I called over 60 times, to no avail.

I then tried to pay the cheque into Starling Bank but it was reported that it had already been paid. 

I therefore contacted Plusnet and they confirmed, in writing, that the monies had been removed from their Barclays account on April 9th. 

I therefore have no idea where my money is, and cannot contact Halifax, or at least they won't answer my calls.

Are there any other actions I could/should be taking to get tothe bottom of this?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, I'm sorry to say but it's a big fail to have changed Banks. if a bank gives you trouble then the best thing to do is to give them trouble back and then to stay with them. A bank would rather that it's troublesome customers go somewhere else full stop they prefer tame customers.

You've done your bank of favour

I couldn't take the frustration, and I'm still capable of causing them problems if its needed.  I just love the fact that I can be talking to someone in less than 10 minutes, usually less than 5, when I call Starling.

Lifes too short to put up with the crap that Halifax are pulling at the moment and I make no apologies for taking the easy way.