• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Scottish Power - confusing billing, bills sent to non-account holder, bills received even after supplier change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try to cut a long, shambolic story short!

My husband changed providers some time ago.

He did a comparison search and Scottish Power seemed to be the cheapest.

However, when we first signed up, it was only for electricity.

We agreed a monthly payment scheme of £70 per month.

The next month, the payment amount doubled, and the next month doubled again!

Countless, pointless phone calls, speaking to people who obviously had no idea what was going on prompted us to change tarrifs, which we though we had done.

Please note that we were undergoing personal and family issues at the time, which is why we didn't change providers as yet, we just didn't need the hassle and we thought we'd seen the end of this rubbish.

For about 20 years, since we moved into our current property, we have had solid fuel.

Our landlord asked us if we would consider a gas conversion, which we did.

We asked Scottish Power to install a gas meter, but not to activate the supply until the gas conversion had been done, which they agreed to.

After countless phone calls, missed appointments etc., the gas meter was finally  installed at the beginning of December.

In mid- February, our gas conversion was completed.

Now we had to contact SP to activate the supply and put us on a duel-fuel account.

However (and bear in mind, each phone call took forever as no-one we ever spoke to seemed to take notes, so we had to explain everything over and over again),

they told us the gas supply had been activated in December and we would need to pay for our gas from that date.

We tried to argue with them, but to no avail, even though no gas had actually been used until mid-February.

Now the real fun started!

Scottish Power called us 2-3 times a day, on both our house phone and mobiles, they sent us text messages daily, and physical letters, all about the amount outstanding on our electricity bill from when they kept on putting the amount up.

My husband explained over and over again that we were disputing the amount, he asked countless times why the amount agreed had gone up, but never received a straight answer, but assured us it would be 'looked in to'. We asked them to stop calling, but they wouldn't. Each person we spoke to said we'd get no more phone calls until this had been sorted, but of course they never stopped! It got to the point where we stopped answering our phones because we knew who it would be! We threatened to complain about harassment, but were told they could legally contact us up to 6 times a day if they wanted to.

We were eventually moved to a duel-fuel account, but that took ages and more stressful phone calls, and all the time we are receiving demanding bills from them.

At this point, we were completely stressed and fed up.

We did another online comparison and found another provider.

However, because SP said we owed them money, they stopped the transfer until our account was clear.

Still under stress for other reasons, we just paid the bill and were let go.

We thought this would be the end of it.

But no.

We are still receiving bills from them, for different amounts, and they are threatening legal action if we don't pay them.

My husband phoned and they confirmed that our account was clear, but we are still receiving bills!

He asked them to send out a run-down of everything we've used, everything we've been billed, and everything we've paid.

Now they've drowned us with paperwork, it will take weeks to go through everything that came through the post!

The phone calls have stopped since we changed providers, thank goodness!

The other day I received a bill in my name, even though I've never had an account with them, it was always in my husband's name!

We can't get in touch with them as they are not answering contacts about non-emergencies until the COVID-19 crisis is over.

We just feel that this farce has been never-ending, and we are very confused about it all.

I'm disabled and we take care of 2 disabled sons.

My husband has enough to do without all of this extra stress, but it's getting to the point where we are afraid for our health, and also that our credit rating will be affected if they take us to court.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

what are the demands for gas, electric..both? and for what period?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It sounds like a dreadful business and obviously we are going to have to try and untangle all to get to the bottom of the story.

The great news is that you've been here since 2007 and so you are thoroughly familiar with the advice given in our customer services guide to record all your calls and so you have got audio recordings of all the telephone calls that you have made and that will be very helpful evidence. Well done.

Secondly, you say that you have now been swamped with a huge amount of paperwork. Read our guide on how to deal with a subject access request disclosure or dealing with your court bundle and that will show you the best way to get everything sorted out so that you understand the file completely.

However, although you have been supplied with a lot of documentation – you can't be sure that you have everything. Send them an SAR immediately. Don't hang around. Make sure that they get this on Monday by email and hopefully that will pick up everything else that is missing. Make sure that you ask for call recordings so that you can compare them with the ones that you have got on your phone because you have read our customer services guide in the 12 or 13 years that you've been with this forum.

Once you have got this information together then we will ask you to restate the problem – but this time in a more structured way so that it is easier to understand. I'm sure the exercise of having gone through all of the documents will put it much more clearly in your own mind as well and you will eventually be able to provide us with a bullet pointed chronology – not too much narrative and then we can start to understand the situation completely and advise you as to the best course of action.

How does that sound for starters?

they bought a new computer system in 2013 and nothing has ever worked properly since.

Read the consumer champions pages in the Mailon Sunday for the last 2 weeks and you will see a couple of sorry takes that may help you argue your points.

now what about meter readings? do you still have the old readings? If not you do a SAR and ask for them, I bet they are all estimated bills