DPD Local - laptop stolen/lost while in transit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I decided to share my story here after reading your valuable comments and feedback for numerous cases.

I sent a parcel to another European country using DPD Local. My parcel contained, among others, a brand new laptop that was sent as a gift to my parents. Once the parcel arrived my parents opened it and couldn’t believe in their eyes. The laptop was missing, whilst everything else (shoes and some other cheap items) were still inside.

After a closer look, there was extra transparent tape. Apparently someone cut open the box removed the laptop and resealed the box. I am appalled by this purposeful theft and lost faith to courier services. 

I immediately reached to them they opened  a case for investigation but for the wrong reason (loss). After 2 weeks they got back to tell me that the parcel was delivered and case was closed. So I had to explain all over again the situation and open a second case (still under investigation). 

in the meanwhile i made a claim through small claims court (issued on 2nd April). 14 days passed, no response, so a judgement by default was issued just today ( 23 April). The theft was also reported to the police and the laptop loss was logged.

I would appreciate any advice , but I’d also like to raise awareness on the issue as I couldn’t find any similar stories online. 

I’ll keep you posted

interesting.

unless some had an xray machine, how did they know a laptop was included...

I think you get what i'm saying.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so could of been anyone then..

I was rather thinking otherwise, but even if that were not the case, its still under DPD's 'care'.

it the court claim more than £600?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have amended title of thread, as the accusation of theft has not been sufficently evidenced by information available.

Was the delivery not Insured for any losses ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As an outside chance Check that Customs in the destination have not snatched it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please can you post a copy of the claim form here. Had you gone on to the money claim website and does it now allow you to apply for a warrant?

As I expect that this laptop is worth more than £600, I would suggest the thing to do immediately is to have it transferred up to the High Court Enforcement Officers and have the judgement in force that way. HCEO have real teeth and they won't waste any time enforcing the judgement. Furthermore, their fees are about £2000 which will be paid by the defendant. Just check on the HCEO website that you are signing up for a no fee agreement in the event that the enforcement fails – which in the case of DPD is most unlikely.

The cost of the transfer up is about 60 quid or so – but you will get this back together with your other expenses when the judgement is enforced.

You should set about doing this straightaway.

However, do be aware that DPD will probably wake up to the fact that they have got a default judgement against them and they will apply for a set-aside. It is highly likely that the set-aside will be granted – but come to us and we will help to put together some objections to their application for you.

In the meantime, proceed with the enforcement of the judgement on the basis that I have indicated.

Now a few more detailed questions. Did you declare this is a laptop? Did you declare the proper value – and what with that value be? Did you buy one of their so-called insurance policies?