XS Direct insurance company

RitaRita
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, my husband had an accident last year in April where a boy cross my husband way from left side to the right where my husband was driving.

It was not a big deal but my husband call the XS direct and open a claim where we did not know for three that the first £3000 from any incident are from our pockets. Then the investigation starts but we have received a letter from a solicitor of the X's direct where it's says that the boy start a legal claim.

No one told my husband what is it about and why, they explained over the phone that both insurance companies cannot decide the fault and they bring the case to the court. As we agreed to the solicitor letter and signed that will be a defendant side and go to the court as a witness for telling the accident story again.

However, after six month , in March this year, we received a letter from the solicitor of xs direct that the case is settled and it s on 50/50 basis. Afterwards, the XS direct sent us a letter where they say the case is settled 50/50 and they paid the amount agreed of £8000 and the breakdown include £6450 of personal injury and the insurance company want all the amount payable from us. So, no one sent us any detail for court or any case even.

The whole one year since the accident we did not know that there is a personal injuries included in the claim. What can we do know? Thank you for reading this long writing.

So your husband owes XS Direct the £3000 excess and that should be the only amount, no more.

If your husband did not know about the £3000 excess when he arranged the Insurance, he needs to raise a complaint with the company he bought the Insurance from.   Suggest that he writes a letter of complaint to the company he bought the Insurance from.  He can also send them a GDPR subject access request letter asking them for all information they hold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, I have received today an email from xs direct complaints department, where they said:

When you purchased your policy you accepted the terms of the policy which include the condition that you are financially responsible for all costs up to £3000 (your excess).  However, you never submitted your driving licence (and other requested documents), so you now owe the full costs of the claim. Please ensure that you have your finances in place.

Can you submit your driving licence today?

Can you confirm your telephone number please?

I can advise you that we are required to issue a final response to you within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint (3 June).  If we are unable to provide you with a final response within this time frame, we will write to you explaining the delay and advise you when you can expect a final response.

So I have found the email that my husband has sent his driving licence on 8th of May last year a week after the accident. Which means they are saying incorrect information that we never have sent them , also we were for three years with them and when they hit him he called first and open claim as he doesn't know about the £3000 and plus he doesn't speak English. So, please, please help me how to answer on the last email as I don't want to send his driving licence to them. Many thanks

Truspilot reviews for this company are terrible with 97% of 64 reviews giving just 1Star !

Get the SAR sent to them quickly and tell them you require recordings of all telephone calls as well as paperwork.

Did they respond to the email your husband sent enclosing a copy of his driving licence. If yes, did they acknowledge receipt of the copy or maybe demand sight of the actual licence.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Because I can't trust them anymore and plus I have found the email where we have sent them the driving licence, the last mot for the car and even the registration letter form from DVLA for the car. And my husband said even the investigator has had a picture of his driving licence. They have sent him a letter three weeks ago where they stated that he is liable to pay the full amount because they defense him to the court matter and according to their terms and conditions he would be liable to pay the amount that is agreed on the settlement (which is 50/50 and we did not receive anything plus we did not know anything about), however, in the last correspondence they are saying that he has to pay them the amount of the agreed first £3000 exceed cost and because he never sent them his driving licence and other required documents, he is liable for the full amount of £8000. He had insured his car for three years with them and all this years no one asked for any documents, except for the accident where we have sent them the driving licence and the required documents on 8th of May 2019 and I have this email recorded.

Hi Rita,

I suggest you send them a SAR immediately. Click on the "SAR" link to see what's involved. This should help you find out all that XS Direct have on file for YH. 

No more phone contact - keep it in writing only from now on.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi, guys, thank you so much for your help. I did send the SAR's to my husband insurance company, however as I have said he doesn't know English and I am dealing with the case from my email. So my question is, can I just send an email that I am acting on behalf of my husband and is this ok to do so, or they could use this against him? Do I need to do anything particular to state that I am acting on behalf of him? Thank you so much

So did you send the SAR by email ? If so I suspect it will be declined.

Read through the SAR guide and you'll see YH should send the request himself by a signed letter and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send it.

There are times when you can act on YH's behalf but this request should come from him, so get this sent off by post asap.

On 23/04/2020 at 22:23, unclebulgaria67 said:

Thank you for your reply, but on their Web right now it's says that during the pandemic they are working from home and we do not have to send any letter by post. And I have read the new condition so it's says I can send through the email. However, today they have send me an email that ask if I am acting on behalf of my husband and I want to know shell I says just yes and if they require a letter from him to proof it and just do it and send them, or shell I say that he is sending the email but will appoint me from now on... They do not have my email address on their file and that is why they are asking I am acting on behalf of him.

Do they have any email address for YH?

If not you can type the SAR request using YH's name and you don't have to say you're acting on his behalf.

But be warned, they could use YH's failure to make the request in writing to delay complying properly.

Yes, actually they have my husband email but he is working ten hours six days and I prefer to use my one for this correspondence, however if it's stated that the clients must not send any letters to the company, how can we avoid this warning from you?

Thank you so so much for your time

Best that the SAR is sent from YH's email address. It doersn't matter who actually types the email as long as it is his name that signs at the bottom of the email.

• Like 1

Hi slick132, last for today, can you just say if this email would be ok to send them as I am really worried the way I am answering this stuff and doing some grant mistakes. May be if I state that I will act on behalf of him would be better for the situation. Thank you for your time, this is the email:

Dear Emma,

I am xxxx xxxx's wife (RitaRita) and I am helping my husband with the translation of the correspondence, however as of 8th of April 2020 complaint email he has stated to reply any future correspondence to this email and from today date he is willing from me to act on behalf of him. Please, feel free to contact me if you are required to ask for written permission from him or any additional information from me.
There is another request for today, kindly acknowledge a receipt that you have received his request for personal data and information the Subject Access Request from the date 24th of April 2020.

Thank you for your time and consideration
I am looking forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely
RitaRita
Edited by slick132
names removed

Hi Rita,

I've taken out your names - don't use things that identify you online.

No, the email needs to come from YH using his email address and see here for what to say - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332398-full-subject-access-request-under-the-new-gdpr-2018-regime/?do=findComment&comment=4904407

If you are able to access and use his email account, and you have his permission to do it, you can send it off now. If not, YH can send it later.