Moriarty/ADCB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we1606 create your own topic too.

chelsea

post your thoughts [pap reply form here]

always welcome input.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

41 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

we1606 create your own topic too.

chelsea

post your thoughts [ pap reply form here]

always welcome input.

I will definitely start my own topic should it go as far as receiving a PAP like the other threads on here. 

I think Chelsea05 is right in their approach asking for all relevant information, the letter also refers to previous correspondence regarding the default. I know I personally have had no contact with ADCB since I have left so I would be asking for copies of such correspondence. 

good show..

now just to be clear and because i'm pretty sure it is someone thats atleast already viewed CAG or been here with past UAE debt issues...…..is stating something quite wrong..ignore moriarty and their PAP letter of claim elsewhere ive been told.

you MUST reply to the PAP form.

this has ZERO to do with it being a UAE related issue.

its to do with the PROOF in the financial legal issues section of the sheer number of backdoor CCJ's attained by moriarty regarding other debts like old PDL's when people have moved.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5 hours ago, chelsea05 said:

My reply is asking for all information regarding the alleged debt, original statements/ agreements and asking if this has gone through the courts in the UAE, also asking if they have bought the debt or are acting on behalf.

Really nothing new from what I have seen on here before.

I was going to send the pap form back stating I am unaware of the debt in question and ask for the relevant information.

my only question is do I send the pap form from them or from government website as I think I read there is one there.

Is it also worth asking for details on the instruction by their client (ADCB). I assume there is no such instruction and my guess is that they are looking for a default judgement and then through one of their associated business buy the debt and try to enforce through the judgement 

No, the claim will state who the claimant creditor is, which they declare Is correct.

Use PAP reply form on Government website.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the pap reply form is detailed in post 8 link.

and they

We1506 I’ve not heard of anyone buying debt from UAE to take people to court here in the UK,. Dx May have a better idea on this? 

Remember if such things go to court you have options like monthly payments etc if you lose and if it goes that far and it will be under UK law and not UAE. 

If mine does they have to explain a few things like how the interest over a small period of time is at £2000. 

• Like 1

and they

• 7 months later...

Hi All, 

Like most others i have been receiving letters from Moriarty. Initially  i received the standard PAP which i responded to as per the advice on here and received a response stating they had requested the relevant information from their client and all action was suspended. 

I did not hear anything back for 5 months until i received a letter containing an application form and statements, with none of the other documentation requested. (see all attached)

I ignored this letter and have today received a letter giving me 16 days to respond before court proceedings. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Moriarty.pdf

now read the letter properly

does say WILL anything

and certainly doesn't say court in next

documents are bogroll application forms and generic rubbush

and they

Thanks DX 

The last letter received - Final Demand Before Proceedings reads;

“If no offer of payment or settlement is agreed within 16 days of the date of this letter, then we will issue court proceedings to recover the sum due. We therefore ask that you take immediate steps to contact us.” 

I have read lots of threads on here and note your comment of this “willy waving” however I have seen that one case recently has escalated and I want to stop it getting that far. 

Edited by WE1506

well scan the relevant letter up please

no good asking us for advise if you show us everything bar the reason for your thread...

and they

DX see attached. 

My question is do i need to respond? should i respond requesting all of the documents requested previously; 

·        Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions IN ENGLISH

·        Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval.

·        Any notice of default or UAE equivalent that was issued by the original creditor.

·        All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated.

·        Proof that UAE Court Judgement has already been gained upon said debt.

·        Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter of Claim and/or issue court proceedings concerning a UAE debt. The UAE is              not a 'member state'.

·        Any and All other statutes of law, be them UK or otherwise, that the claimant intends to rely upon should they wish to proceed and issue a UK Court             Claim 

Moriarty - Redacted.pdf

they are quite aware what they need to respond with...they haven't.

nothing you need to respond too.

dx

and they

Moriarty don't have the documents you asked for.

Standard debt collection practice working from a list. Issue x number of template letters, see how much they collect and make half assed responses to any correspondence. 

As dx says, if you have told them what documents you require, then it is up to them. Yes they could issue a Court claim without supplying the missing documents, so you need to be checking all post received in future and ensuring that you acknowledge/defend any claim. But do come back for advice before you issue any defence.

The only point which may be worth considering.Are there any possible reasons of dispute to raise about the UAE financial arrangements with the Banks ?  If so, it might be worth ensuring that reasons of dispute have been sent in writing to the UAE Bank.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have had no contact from any DCA since my last post a year ago, I have now taken a Job in Europe and plan to move my family over. I assume the advice would be to write to the banks in the UAE and inform them of my new address in Europe  to prevent backdoor claims.

Thanks in advance 

not really too sure how other european legal systems work other than uk and if backdoor litigation is even possible.

and they

I will be leaving property in the UK. My thought process was to ensure that the DCA’s do not try to use the back door on my current address, if I am not there to respond 

dca can't do anything, only the OC can raise a claim, wherever you might go, might not have that system as we have in the UK that allows backdoor litigation...not heard of it elsewhere.

dx

and they

Thanks, but if I do not advise the banks of my current address could the OC through the DCA pursue it the UK courts in the assumption that I am still in the UK at my old address. 

which would be useless to them elsewhere anyway...

you don't own any UK assets so what would be the point?

and they