How to remove assigned debt "Cabot Financial Credit Card" from Credit Files

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone have good advice on how to best remove something that is fraudulent on your credit report?

ClearScore is the one I'm looking at - (Equifax?)

I have requested its removal but is that enough? I would presume Cabot to just come back and say it's real...

IT is listed as a "Cabot Financial" credit card  - with no data entered - claiming to be in default. 

They are a DCA and I have in the past had debt purchased by them.

They don't even give credit cards, let alone being in a credit agreement with them, they purely have bought some debt from somewhere and I have no idea what it relates to

- last dealing I had with them, was trying to striking out a claim in the small claims for debt from 2011 that was statute barred (I did that in about 2018) .

That ended with Cabot informing the court they weren't pursuing it and longer.

Any further tips that just requesting removal from the report?

The debt that you managed to get struck out......are you aware of what it was and what date you initially defaulted on that assigned agreement ?

Thread title amended

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who was the original creditor who sold the debt on?

cabot didnt file the default. The oc did upon sale or before.

just because a debt has been sold to a dca does mean its fraud..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to How to remove assigned debt "Cabot Financial Credit Card" from Credit Files

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I only meant that the entry is fraudulent as there is no such thing as a Cabot Financial credit card...  or is that the only way a dca can register a debt they bought?

I'm not sure of the original creditor to be honest - might have been an Aqua card? I think that would have been the last thing I've defaulted on in my past.. everything else statute barred from poorer times 10 years ago or so.

Thats the way an assigned debt appears on your credit file...but must only show for six years irrespective...from the original default entry.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ok - fair enough for the title amendment! Thanks.

The older stuff was defaulted on in 2011 and they made the claim in about 2017/18 by the time I'd contested it and all that, it was dropped in 2018 (withdrawn rather than struck-out - I probably should have pursued an official strike out?). That was from an old credit card debt too.

It is possible then that it this particular entry is from an Aqua card .. they've purchased the debt and I've not been aware of the purchase, or at least not registered mentally that their communications a few years ago were about something new..

In the past, with that older debt, Cabot would make a new entry for the same debt but push the date of default forward by a couple of years so it was still on the file more than 6 years later. I would see that with other dcas too..

If this one has an incorrect date (but turns out to be still current) - can I get the date changed or should I asked for it to be removed (well, I already have requested that!) ?

Possibly you would have to make inquiries...copies of the particulars of claim ..if the data is still available and copies of the Notice of Assignment from Carboot.

As regards the actual default entry that would be revealed in a DSAR to the original creditor (Aqua ?) and if you can prove they have elongated the statute of limitations you can amend it on the respective credit files.

Andy

OK - that's a good idea. I'll sort something out with a DSAR to Aqua and see what happened to the debt .. Another, simple thing to do is to dig out my paperwork - I keep everything..  - and track any statuses I've overlooked and re-examine anything to do with Aqua.

Thanks for your help so far Andy and DX!

Edited by nat8808

a dca cant change the defaulted date registered by the OC on their entry to a differing one on their CRA entry

find the proof

get caboot to rectify it pronto else ICO complaint/compo time!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...