@TalkTalk help needed for vulnerable customer with two small children

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Someone may come along with the telephone number – but why don't you tell your story here as well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks  

I was supposed to be live on the 9th

never happened

then they changed to the 16th which I did go live for a whole day

, the early hours if the 17th my internet went off I went to check flashing amber, checked my home phone all I got was an engaged tone

I decided to call the homephone and was greeted by a message saying the number you have called is out of service.

Spoke to talktalk and was told I had an outstanding balance, which I have for a bill due on the 27th April

talktalk have blocked all my services for a balance that isn't even due yet.

I have 2 vulnerable children in the house one of which is supposed to have video consultations with the hospital every other day,

i have never known a company to cut services off before the bill is due

• BankFodder changed the title to @TalkTalk help needed for vulnerable customer with two small children

I have changed the title of the thread and tweeted it out so that their helpdesk will receive it. However, I'm afraid that we hear lots of difficulties with @TalkTalk – lots of complaints about this company.

I don't know if somebody can give you some phone number which will give you a direct access. I think it's going to be difficult. It's difficult with this company at the best of times.

Have you tried switching it all off at the mains and then starting it up again?

• Thanks 1

Yes, please keep us updated. Also if you have a Twitter account, you can see their Twitter handle in the new title I have given to this thread – and you can try tweeting them and also sending them a message giving them any reference numbers you have.

If they contact us then I'll pass the message on to you

• Thanks 1

Hi

The number I have found is for the ceo office, I called there this morning to be told the tech team are dealing with my issue not them, so pointless emailing the ceo.

I have now proceeded and emailed Charles Dunstone who has very quickly emailed me back himself and advised some one is investigating and will get back to me shortly, so I am going to wait til this afternoon if no contact I will call the ceo office again and keep pestering them til I get answers.

Hi

Okay now I am scared and my mental state is getting worse, I have spoken to someone who says they cannot discuss my account with me as it is marked as suspected fraud, im now really scared I'm going to be arrested and put in jail I have never broken the law in my life

Suspected fraud...for an internet account ?  Thats a new one and intended to shut you up.......send the CEO email on the hour every hour and when if its ever resolved you want to kick them in touch and deal with a reputable internet provider..

Your not going to be arrested...or put in jail....

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

@Andyorch Ok thanks, I have told them numerous times I have mental health problems but they don't listen.

The only thing I can think of to do with fraud is my name went through as a shortened version as auto correct changed it without me noticing can they charge me for that all other details were correct

Have you got any paperwork in connection to the account...what name is on your bill or  on line account if you have it set up?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

@Andyorch Yes I have noticed the shortend name on my online account but I cannot change it as you cannot get through to that team.

Do you think I'm going to get a criminal record and prison for a mistake??

I'm absolutely worried out of my brain now. I can't go to prison I wouldn't be able to deal with that mentally 

Dont be silly...but someone will have to talk to somebody (excuse the pun) eventually as your not paying for a service that they are not providing...email CEO every hour as advised and explain that the techie team wont talk to you ..which is most probably down to the name error.

Yes he is the (Executive Chairman)  and also Tristia Harrison (CEO)

• Thanks 1

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Incorrect-account-details/ta-p/2204919

Go to the bottom of the above page ......

If you need to update your name because it's spelt wrong, contact us and we'll amend it for you. If you've legally changed your name by deed poll or marriage, you'll need to follow our name change process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1