Chi chi clothing online - still waiting for refund after 30 days !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

please can you help me ? I sent a large online order back  worth £295 back to chi chi clothing ( stocked in John Lewis and ASOS so not too small a company ) on the 19th March which was received into the business , and I had an emaIl  confirming They were in receipt of it And they would be processing my refund and it would be back within 5-10 working days , when this was up .

I emailed again and was told due to covid 19 this would be 21days , after 21 days I emailed again and got a dreadful replay saying their refunds are now taking up to 30 days which is stipulated on their website .

It is day 30 today - what legal rights do I have or how do I move this forward ? My

Personal circumstances have changed and I’m desperate for this money , from reading their FB and Twitter it’s full of unhappy customers in the same boat . It appears they could have cash flow issues 

I paid with PayPal if that’s any help - I just need my money back 😩

thank you 

Well to begin with, here's some reading for you:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/chichiclothing.com

About 27% of reviews are mainly one star and a few two star – so frankly it was a bit of a risk doing business here anyway. A lot of these very poor reviews date well before the virus crisis.

You can find them here https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07155146 and you will see that there account/confirmation statement is overdue. There were one or two comments on trust pilot that maybe the company is in trouble. Of course people throw these lines out when they're having a bad time with the company – but in view of what appears on the companies house website, maybe it's true.

Of course you could bring a small claim for the return of your money plus interest – but this will require a small outlay in terms of the claim fee – and if for some reason rather they push you to a hearing then you will have to pay for that as well. Of course you will get these figures back when you win – which on the basis of what you say is almost guaranteed. However, you would still have to enforce the judgement and if the company is wound up then you will have great difficulty and you will have lost your £295 plus the money you have spent on litigation.

I'm not sure the rules in respect of PayPal are. Maybe you could begin a dispute with PayPal anyway to test the water that I have a sense that PayPal insurance may not cover this kind of situation.

The fact that the clothes they sell are also sold by John Lewis – is absolutely no guarantee of anything in respect of the company you bought them from. I suppose that you probably bought them a bit cheaper from Chi Chi that I'm afraid that with lower prices comes a greater risk – and John Lewis is normally stellar in their reliability and level of customer service.

Thank you @bankfodder 

It will be a lesson unfortunately learnt , I assumed that as a well known business I would have been safe placing an order with this business - I will know  to look at trust pilot now ! Thank you 

I am hoping that the PayPal route will be my way forward as Opposed to the more formal route, but agree that in the pandemic most insurance will be null and void . It’s potentially an unfortunate lesson 

I would absolutely support any business in these unprecedented times but it looks like this company has form. Their customer service and social media team are horrific to deal with , they make you feel unjustified in requesting your money back using the covid 19 situation saying their priority is keeping their staff safe ( which I agree with )  I asked for their MD email address which they refused to give , saying it was a breach of privacy , when I found him on LinkedIn I asked for their email configuration , again they refused saying I would be breaching his privacy. 

NEVER AGAIN !!! 

hopefully someone on here may be able to point me in the direction of PayPal refunds ? 

thanks again 

Is that 

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

enter paypal dispute to get refund that way

is it quite straightforward to do ? 
never had to do it before - how long does. It take please ?