BankFodder BankFodder

Hello, I am looking for a bit of advice regarding loans I have with lending stream.

I've not had any problems paying until  a few weeks ago I was laid off work on hugely reduced pay due to the virus.

I wrote to ls to explain the situation, asking them to place the accounts on hold until I was back at work full time hopefully in a couple of months.

I got an acknowledgement back saying they would be back in touch within a week but I have heard nothing.

I have also emailed them through the help page on their website but have not had any replies.

I know they have received the emails as I get an automated reply with a 'ticket  no.'

again saying they will respond within 7 days, but nothing back.

All I do get from them are emails telling me I am behind on my payments, they are damaging my credit score and I need to call them.

It's obvious they are also adding further charges while this is going on.

How should I proceed?

I wanted to keep everything  in writing but should I give in and call them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I normally don't recommend it but we are living in strange times. I would call them. I'm pretty sure that they will put things on hold. 

Note this is not my normal advice or recommendations.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks

Believe it or not they actually emailed me back finally yesterday 🙄

Not very helpful, tried to pressure me into paying half of the outstanding payment and offered to only stop charges/interest if I did. Oh well can't give them what I haven't got

Hello again. So things have moved on slightly now. I tried calling but couldn't get through, I can't sit on hold indefinitely.

I wrote to them (recorded delivery) nearly two weeks ago but still haven't heard anything back, yet they still keep sending threatening emails.

Shoud I now esalate a complaint with the financial ombudsman or FCA?

Obviously I want to avoid any further damage to my credit record but it does seem that they are completeley ingnoring me?

Thanks

you can't escalate until you either receive a final offer or 8 weeks have expired.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

today has been 8 weeks since I first wrote to them, and still I have had no reply other than a few more threatening standard emails.

I really don't want to phone them but if they won't acknowledge any written communication then we are stuck.

Is it now worth complaining to the FOS or FCA?

Thanks

No need to phone the pdl co... why?

off to the fos then

follow our irl guide

• Thanks 1

If you ring one of the free  DMP companies and get them to start an account, they will give you a call back appointment, a reference number.

Ring the creditor ask for a months leeway as per FCA guidance as you are in consultation with A DMP, 

At this point they will offer one of their own plans.

Be very careful before you accept, personally I would stick with the DMP.

You can put any other debts on there. Y

ou will have to do a breakdown of income for them.

Use it for yourselft, do not pay to much because you want to keep in with a creditor.

I is about maintaining a living standard for you and your family, I helped someone recently who are currently paying £1 a week yo five creditors, doesn't matter, as long as you are being genuine.

On 11/05/2020 at 08:02, paulhn757 said:

Hello again. So things have moved on slightly now. I tried calling but couldn't get through, I can't sit on hold indefinitely.

I wrote to them (recorded delivery) nearly two weeks ago but still haven't heard anything back, yet they still keep sending threatening emails.

Shoud I now esalate a complaint with the financial ombudsman or FCA?

Obviously I want to avoid any further damage to my credit record but it does seem that they are completeley ingnoring me?

Thanks

It is only worth complaining if they have not given you any help with your debt.

They are under a legal obligation to provide leaflets and direct you to an advice agency.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Of course you can do all this without the use of a DMP following the advice on this forum and cut out the middle man and their fees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have the same problem with them.

I’ve contacted them a few times to try and speak to them and either end up on hold endlessly or get back a standard

“We see you contacted us before your last payment was unsuccessful”

I’m currently under a DMP with PayPlan,

I have told them about this and gotten back the same standard email.

They first rejected my DMP offer but seem to have accepted it quite recently as the status has changed on my Payplanplus area.

However, they’ve just sent me a notice of termination so I’m really at a loss with them. 

you need to create your own topic please

hit create in the top red Banner.

dx