BankFodder BankFodder

Buzzer75

Interparcel Lost Ebay Consignment

Hi,

I am hoping that a) this post is in the right place and b) I am not going over previous ground.

Four weeks ago I sold some goods on EBay for £900 plus postage of £30.

I sent these via Interparcel’s website with Tuffnells as the chosen carrier and insured the goods for £750.  

My first worry was when the item did not appear on the tracker against the tracking number

however I contacted Interparcel and they confirmed the driver had confirmed collection but at that point they had no visibility on the delivery.  

I then spent the next three weeks in daily contact via Interparcel’s online messaging portal.  

I screen shotted every conversation, particularly the one where they confirmed that the goods had been incorrectly booked in at the depot and an investigation was in process.  That was a fortnight ago 

last Thursday Interparcel advised that their claims department would be in touch on Tuesday (I.e tomorrow).  

I have asked for, in writing, a copy if all actions undertaken to locate the consignment which of course, I have not received beyond the fact Tuffnells escalated it internally ten days ago.

I have read through a handful of similar incidents/posts on here and based on circumstances, they are all subtly different.  

In my instance, I am trying to understand whether the fact they have admitted the goods were incorrectly booked into the depot is in itself an admission of negligence and therefore I should be claiming for the full EBay sale amount of £930, or should I be satisfied if they offer me the full insured amount?  

Is proof of the EBay sales price enough for my claim or should I need to be looking for original proof of purchase amounts?

Are there any pitfalls or statements I should avoid/be aware of when dealing with the claims  department?

Finally, anything else I should be undertaking to escalate this case (I.e in writing).

i should add that whilst I provided the tracking number with the buyer from day one and kept him updated daily, he raised a case against me (although I had already offered a refund by a set deadline) and I have now issued the refund in order to close the case.  

I am a private seller on EBay.