Easyjet flight issue being refunded - but acount used is now closed..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rneed bit of help here. 

like quite a few people my flight with easyjet was cancelled.

Took a complete age but did get assured of a refund.

refund you'd think there you go.

Just 1 thing though.

I changed bank accounts (for reasons)

the original account I paid for the original flights is no longer valid/closed.

Easyjet have said they repaid me but to the original account?

(I can copy a email I got while editing out some details if need be)

• dx100uk changed the title to Easyjet flight issue being refunded - but acount used is now closed..

thread title updated..

can you not simply inform them of this and a refund acount that is correct?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did inform easyjet that the original account I made the payment with is closed and was told that the payment would be made in 14 days.

Apparently it has but not showing up (and as I am no longer with the original bank I made the original payment with got no idea) This is the response I got:

Dear 

I believe there might be some slight misunderstanding which I am happy to clarify for you.

After receiving an update from our finance team, I can confirm that we have already provided a full refund to your original method of payment. 

As you stated, this account is no longer valid, however for obvious security reasons we are obligated to make all refunds initially to the original method of payment, this ensures unauthorised activities are avoided, which I am certain you wish for as much as we do.

Even if the Card/Bank account is blocked, closed or cancelled, if the refund is issued on a card, then the relevant bank is liable to refund you the money into an active bank account. Typically such transactions are flagged to the corresponding bank operators and they will confirm with you once received that they will refund you the amount manually. If you are banking with the same bank on a different bank account this will be done automatically.

If you are now banking with an entirely different bank, then the initial bank will contact you to obtain new banking details to process the payment. This is their responsibility and we have never had any issues for any bank to do so in the past. As such I can confirm that from an easyJet end, the refund has been fully and duly processed. 

The same thing happened to me once, and the old bank simply paid the sum into the new bank account.  Mind you, it was about 30 years ago!  Can't you just contact the old bank and request they do this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just in case this is relevant.  If your old account was closed with an overdraft debt, I doubt they will issue the money to you, unless the Easyjet refund is more than any debt owing, in which case they will refund the balance after debt paid..  And if the old account was a joint account and you are no longer with the  other person on the account, they may want to divide the refund 50/50.  

So not sure that Easyjet have covered all possible issues, when they have stated the following.

"Even if the Card/Bank account is blocked, closed or cancelled, if the refund is issued on a card, then the relevant bank is liable to refund you the money into an active bank account

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What happens when a refund is received on a closed account, is that this triggers the account to re-open. The money will be sat waiting for your to claim it.  

So as well as ask for the refund, ask the Bank to confirm that the account is closed.

I used to work for a Bank and this is the way it worked, but that was quite a long time ago.

I do know that the login for the online of the closed account is suspended and I don't even have the card to that account now (if I did i'd go check it) that's what gonna make this harder.

I'm sure one way or the other I will get without a mininum of fuiss...............(I hope)!

I worked for a company that dealt with lots of customers and sometimes refunds had to be issued. 

Due to  regulations the money had to be refunded to the original account (to prevent fraud) where the account had been closed the bank would return the money back to us, when this happened we would then contact the customer to ask for new bank details, we were not allowed to refund money to a different account unless we had been advised by the bank the account was closed.

So the OP will get thier refund, it just may take longer than normal

• Thanks 1

If Easyjet did have the refund returned to them for the reason account closed, then it will be sat waiting for Easyjet accounts department to write to you.

Suggest you find out from your Bank first, as it is possible they have the refund, as it was not automatically returned. 

Given current lockdown situation, what might have taken a few days to resolve, is probably going to take weeks to resolve. 

Weeks oh goody (can understand certain delays at the moment) I did get a invoice from easyjet which confirms I did pay with previous card (I know when I switched to santander from bank of scotland and was defo after I made my payment to easyjet) also got the proof that the payment was paid into the old bank of scotland closed account. It's a waiting game now I suppose to see when BOS will play ball

Edited by j_semple