Athena PCN - overstay - Lidl Pinner HA5 3HZ ***CANCELLED BY LIDL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Silly situation really.

I did shopping for elderly parents at a Pinner, Lidl I

’ve never been to before and did not notice any parking signs. 

Used parents car, that I am insured to use, but not reg. keeper.

Had to run alot of errands and presumed the car park was a free space.

I live with my parents but I frequently work abroad so I’m not always there.

Since the lockdown I’ve been stuck in Spain.

My mother has recently told me she thought there was some paperwork about a fine.

I asked her to collate then all and it looks like I was fined on that day  

She is 88 so not always on the ball.

She is the registered keeper.

I have found your questionnaire about this issue so will answer and get back with further information.

This would have happened in February. 

Firstly, it's not a fine.  Private companies don't have the power to fine anyone.

We will ask you for as many details of the event as you have, in order to find holes in the PPC's claim.  However, as a belt & braces approach, get on to Lidl head office.  There have been numerous threads here lately where motorists managed to get the invoices cancelled that way.  If you have proof of purchase with credit/debit cards even better, point out that you were a genuine customer helping out elderly parents.

Have a look at recent pages of the PPC Successes thread at the top to see similar cases with Lidl, in particular  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420658-athena-anpr-pcn-lidl-4-14-blackbird-hill-london-nw9-8sd-rejected-appeal-ias-cancelled-by-lidl/

Edited by FTMDave

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Another thing to consider.  The PPCs have the problem that they don't know who the driver was.  They know the keeper, but that's not the same thing (although they like to pretend it is).  That's why we say never to appeal - the fleecers reject every appeal, ever, and there's the chance of the motorist outing themselves as the driver.

On the other hand, as your mother is elderly, you might WANT to be outed as the driver to stop her being hassled by these sharks.  Depends what you're all comfortable with.

You could even have a laugh at the fleecers' expense, if your mum sent them a short one-off letter saying you were the driver, you live in Spain at (x address), and that it's currently illegal for you to leave Spain due to the lockdown.  See how the birdbrains deal with that one 🤣

You left the registration details showing.  I've redacted the image and converted to PDF so only registered Caggers can see it - best to keep the opposition guessing!

I reckon getting on to the Lidl CEO's office is the initial way to go (good you know the date you were there now) although as much detail as you can give us is very welcome.

• FTMDave changed the title to Athena PCN - overstay - Lidl Pinner HA5 3HZ

reg no's showing!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx.  Missed the registration numbers on the photos.  Sorted now.

Later on please just click on upload - this will take you through the process of redacting & converting to PDF.  It's very easy and even I managed it in five minutes on my first go - and I'm useless at this sort of thing! 

thread tidied

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So time to stop being nice with them.  Tell them that they have employed Athena to infest their car parks and it is up to them to sort it out.  You'd like to write nice things about them on social media, and not have to highlight the appalling way they treat elderly & vulnerable customers.  If you are sued by Athena, you will add Lidl as a third party to the claim.  Your family would like to stay as customers, not be driven away. 

Instead all this can be avoided if they simply call off these parasites.

The last person who came here in your position was also initially fobbed off, he/she then went in all guns blazing, and Lidl backed down. 

I am surprised at their reaction.

I went to [email protected] for a friend of mine and they cancelled it straight away.

If you didn;t write to them before, try them now, explain ing that the reason for the overstay was because of the number of people in the store panic buying causing major delays.

It might be worthwhile checking that Athena have planning permission for their signs and cameras. Like most of these rogue parking companies they don't bother since the Councils take too long to grant permission, costing the crooks money.

The fact that they therefore are unable to form a contract with motorists because of the lack od PP doesn't seem to bother them. But it does concern Lidl, so check the Council portal and see if they have the correct permissions and if they haven't, avise Lidl that Athena are once again acting illegally.

I’ve sent another email to Lidl with all above suggestions. Thank you. I havnt found out about the notices/camera permit yet. But am going thru. Harrow council pages   Cheers. 

now bear in mind these are extrordinary times so queueing around the car park for an hour is not unusual so you need to start telling lidl via their facebuerk page and instagram accounts etc what you think of their response to a reasonable request to help someone who was helping poor old people locked up by the govt etc and how you think this might make a good story for the newspapers like the wetherspoons one.

Tell them that you arent going to enter into discussions with a bunch of self interested dishonest brokers but you dont mind starting a civil suit against Lidl under the Equalities Act.

basically lay it on with a trowel if they wont play nicely and falme them on social media

• Like 1

Another bog standard reply from Lidl this morning. 
Unfortunately, we are unable to make an appeal on your behalf. This is because all appeals need to be placed in writing directly to Athena ANPR by the appellant. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any decisions made by Athena ANPR.

The most efficient way to appeal your parking charge is to do so with the Car Park Management company direct. Details of how to do this will be on the parking charge notice you have received. 

Try phoning head office. Tell them you are not asking them to represent you at an appela but asking them tio tell their servants to do what they are supposed to do as it is LIDL who have set the terms for their presence and can overrule a computer controlled camera. Let them know that you will be going after them for money for breach of the GDPR if their servants dont have the requisite planning permissions for their cameras and signs

Sorry to hear this.  Recently Lidl head office have been quite cooperative and TBH I'd expected the same in your case.

I didn’t give up tho. I wrote again. After a bit of a hunt I found the CEO’s email. Explained again the genuine mistake that I made and this time they listened. The fact someone actually ‘listened’ Was as satisfying as having Lidl agree to cancel the PCN. 

Thank you all very much for dipping into this conversation. It gave me the ooomph to write to Lidl and not have to engage with Athena at all. 

Keep some record of Lidl cancelling, as the PPCs have been known to "forget" such things.  If it was by phone write them a short mail of confirmation, if it was by e-mail keep it.

If I was in your position I'd still ask your mum to write a short letter to Athena naming you as the driver and giving your lockdown address in Spain, just to waste their time as they wouldn't have a clue what to do - but that's because I'm the bloody-minded sort 🤣