• Tweets

• I am not sure what you are expecting. This is nothing new, it is just that the person concerned caught the incident on camera, that makes it newsworthy, apparently. Simply the EA fell foul of the regulation which defines "relevant premises". I can think of several judgments which agree with this, and found against the Bailiff..: 6)Otherwise premises are relevant if the enforcement agent reasonably believes that they are the place, or one of the places, where the debtor— (a)usually lives, or (b)carries on a trade or business. The bailiff may call at relevant premises, this may or may not correspond to any residential information suppled by the creditor or his office, the provision is permitted under his general powers.   The point is that the EA must have a reasonable belief that the person lives or works there. Once the EA acts outside the procedure authorised by his writ(Schedule( 12), he is open to actions under common law or those rules applicable under other legislation.   Problems only arise when people take this incident to prove something that it doesn't.     There is no disputing that the bailiff and the company behaved atrociously, and there is no denying that DCBL makes a habit of this kind of thing    
    • I feel a snotty something coming on. Whatever it is it's not Batflu 😂😂   It was an ANPR capture. ..... SMILE 🖕.....   Is this enough or should I write a proper defense??   A lack of contractual obligation makes your demands spurious, please refer back to your client and desist this harassment
    • Welcome to the Forum. Could you please just clarify the date you received the NTK. It doesn't usually take 11 days to deliver unless it went via a lease company or business address first.
    • A. It’s statute barred B. It won’t have any effect on a mortgage c. The person who dropped the card through your door is powerless
    • Hello,  So long story short my cousin and best friend has got themselves in to quite a pickle. They moved into a new build about a year ago and have always had "luck" never being charged for gas and electric as somehow in the past 8 years they would always be skipped and never chased up or checked for their electricity despite numerous different places they've lived in. Their luck seems to have run out with scottish power and they're not sure what to do at the moment for a few reasons: All letters are addressed to the occupant and not their actual name They've been hesitant to phone scottish power as they've received letters on estimated readings but scottish power have been known to charge both estimated AND actual if you're higher than your estimated which seems crazy to me as if you're lower you don't pay your lower AND actual you pay and receive the difference   Grosvenor has just contacted them saying they've been instructed to collect outstanding arrears, they have PTSD dealing with some bailiffs in the past(long story but the issue actually had nothing to do with them, had wrong address but Bailiff nearly hospitalized the poor girl) and aren't sure how to move forward because no one answers the phones at Grosvenor and of course wouldn't want it to escalate. What can my dear cousin do?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Hi guys

I am after a little advice about an issue I am having with EasyJet and wanted to check I have not missed something before taking the next step.

The story begins in February when our return flight from Lanzarote was cancelled due to storm dennis and re-scheduled for the following day.

Became aware of this when checking the flight status in the morning prior to checking out and also via an email from EasyJet confirming this.

Was able to book an extra night in the hotel we were already staying at which was the one booked via EasyJet as part of a package holiday and as planned flew back the next day.

Tried to claim back the €95 via the EasyJet website and this is when the problems started as I firstly submitted the invoice from the hotel and the credit card receipt only to receive a response stating that this was not sufficient as it did not have the hotel name, date, room or passenger name which it did.

3 further emails including one to complaints and all I have received is a copy and paste today of what to do if your flight is cancelled.

now considering the next step of a formal letter before claim although in the grand scheme of things this is not the ideal time but if I am due this money back I only have this option or an ADR which I don’t have much confidence in.

But before I do this I wanted to check a few things

1. Most importantly am I actually entitled to claim this since I booked it myself and did not allow them to source accommodation for me.

2. Does the liability lie with the actual airline to pay any expenses as I just want to establish the legal entity is correct as this was a package holiday booked through the EasyJet website but before EasyJet Holidays was set up and at that point payment went via a company with a different name based in Spain I think.

Thanks 

Kjun

What do you mean by "...as planned flew back next day".  That wasn't as planned, was it?  (Sorry - I think I know what you mean, but it's not clear).

Also; "...and all I have received is a copy and paste today of what to do if your flight is cancelled."  Is what you did the same as these instructions?  Did the original email notifying the cancellation not say what you needed to do?

You've supplied EasyJet with everything they've asked for?

Who did you actually pay for the package (ie that's one payment covering both flights and hotel)?

I'm no expert but that may be a starting point

Hi thanks for the reply.

To clarify yes we flew back the next day as planned so the Sunday rather than the Saturday.

The email received was in summary sorry your flight is cancelled due to the storms over Europe, this is out of our control.

Now it did say you could arrange free accommodation overnight by clicking on the flight tracker link within the email however this only took you to the flight status page and there was no option to request accommodation so I simply booked an extra night where we already were, maybe this was a mistake?

I supplied an invoice from the hotel with my room number, name, date, duration, number of guests, cost and it had the hotel details including name, address and what I think is probably a VAT (their equivalent) number as well as the credit card receipt which I used to pay which also had the hotel name, my name, date and amount which was €95.

The package was fully booked through the EasyJet website so not separate bookings and was paid through their website.

It’s just a bit annoying as I know it’s not a great deal of money but I did have to pay it and it’s not like a booked some 5 star hotel while I also didn’t claim for meals or transfers which I understood from other passengers they did not arrange and people had to use taxis (we just kept our hire car for an extra day)

I think the most frustrating part is that they simply have not bothered to address this despite repeated emails advising I had provided the required evidence.

For further clarity it was rejected the first time as I only sent the card holder receipt which is not enough so my fault there however I then submitted the hotel receipt as well and the rejection reasons were as below from their email but it did have these on it.

Please send us the itemized receipt for the hotel which should include; -Hotel Name, -Number of rooms, -Check in & Check out date, -Passengers Name & -Price”