Cancelled Flight Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I am after a little advice about an issue I am having with EasyJet and wanted to check I have not missed something before taking the next step.

The story begins in February when our return flight from Lanzarote was cancelled due to storm dennis and re-scheduled for the following day.

Became aware of this when checking the flight status in the morning prior to checking out and also via an email from EasyJet confirming this.

Was able to book an extra night in the hotel we were already staying at which was the one booked via EasyJet as part of a package holiday and as planned flew back the next day.

Tried to claim back the €95 via the EasyJet website and this is when the problems started as I firstly submitted the invoice from the hotel and the credit card receipt only to receive a response stating that this was not sufficient as it did not have the hotel name, date, room or passenger name which it did.

3 further emails including one to complaints and all I have received is a copy and paste today of what to do if your flight is cancelled.

now considering the next step of a formal letter before claim although in the grand scheme of things this is not the ideal time but if I am due this money back I only have this option or an ADR which I don’t have much confidence in.

But before I do this I wanted to check a few things

1. Most importantly am I actually entitled to claim this since I booked it myself and did not allow them to source accommodation for me.

2. Does the liability lie with the actual airline to pay any expenses as I just want to establish the legal entity is correct as this was a package holiday booked through the EasyJet website but before EasyJet Holidays was set up and at that point payment went via a company with a different name based in Spain I think.

Thanks 

Kjun

What do you mean by "...as planned flew back next day".  That wasn't as planned, was it?  (Sorry - I think I know what you mean, but it's not clear).

Also; "...and all I have received is a copy and paste today of what to do if your flight is cancelled."  Is what you did the same as these instructions?  Did the original email notifying the cancellation not say what you needed to do?

You've supplied EasyJet with everything they've asked for?

Who did you actually pay for the package (ie that's one payment covering both flights and hotel)?

I'm no expert but that may be a starting point

Hi thanks for the reply.

To clarify yes we flew back the next day as planned so the Sunday rather than the Saturday.

The email received was in summary sorry your flight is cancelled due to the storms over Europe, this is out of our control.

Now it did say you could arrange free accommodation overnight by clicking on the flight tracker link within the email however this only took you to the flight status page and there was no option to request accommodation so I simply booked an extra night where we already were, maybe this was a mistake?

I supplied an invoice from the hotel with my room number, name, date, duration, number of guests, cost and it had the hotel details including name, address and what I think is probably a VAT (their equivalent) number as well as the credit card receipt which I used to pay which also had the hotel name, my name, date and amount which was €95.

The package was fully booked through the EasyJet website so not separate bookings and was paid through their website.

It’s just a bit annoying as I know it’s not a great deal of money but I did have to pay it and it’s not like a booked some 5 star hotel while I also didn’t claim for meals or transfers which I understood from other passengers they did not arrange and people had to use taxis (we just kept our hire car for an extra day)

I think the most frustrating part is that they simply have not bothered to address this despite repeated emails advising I had provided the required evidence.

For further clarity it was rejected the first time as I only sent the card holder receipt which is not enough so my fault there however I then submitted the hotel receipt as well and the rejection reasons were as below from their email but it did have these on it.

Please send us the itemized receipt for the hotel which should include; -Hotel Name, -Number of rooms, -Check in & Check out date, -Passengers Name & -Price”