Sri lanka Trio 9th mar, Sri Lanka Airlines Canc'd return flight, can i reclaim extra hotal costs etc?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i went to sri lanka on 9th march (booked in feb) for the cricket and booked with spectrum insurance.

our flights were cancelled back with emeirates so we had to rebook with sri lanka air lines a cost and then had to stay in the hotel for another 14 days plus other expenses .

any ideas how to approach this

hi there 

sorry about the punctuation. so here is where i am at . i have started my application for reimbursement through spectrum, however i see the n75 document may be of use if i have no luck as i purchased all my flights accommodation taxis etc with a credit card . it seems they may not be willing to accept insurance claims taken out after 3 march. im looking at my angles. another is through emirates but i purchased the flight through a 3rd party. 

https://www.spectrumtravelinsurance.co.uk/travel-insurance/policy-wordings

Above is a link to the policy wordings.  

Have had a quick read, Not sure why any claim would be rejected, but it may be difficult to contact them and slow in having any claim processed.

What Insurers are normally wanting to see, is documents stating that the airline or tour operator would not cover the costs of new flight and hotel cost you incurred.  You would first look to any rights you had to obtain a refund from the airline/tour operator and Insurance is there as a back up. 

Did you phone the Insurers 24/7 365 day claims line, while you were abroad for assistance, so they could explain what you had to do ?

I think you need to register claims in writing with all concerned as a first step and they should all confirm the process you have to follow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi there 

well we could not get through to the insurers whilst away , as you can imagine the lines were engaged so we just paid for everything on credit card hoping to get reimbursed upon our return. ill apply to spectrum and keep this post updated. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Sri lanka Trio 9th mar, Sri Lanka Airlines Canc'd return flight, can i reclaim extra hotal costs etc?