BankFodder BankFodder

Hi,

Does an employer need to explain or show the criteria used to select employees for Furlough before the employee agrees to be furloughed?

Quick reply if possible please.

The employer should consult staff about furlough and ideally they should be transparent about what's happening, but this is all new.

Emmzzi may know more than I do.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It’s not mandatory to share. It should be non discriminatory in a legal sense ; that is , not based on protected characteristics. But, you’ll be a long time  waiting for a court case to get recompense.

has something happened to make you ask this?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Emmzzi,

We have been asked to sign the T & C’s for furlough.

I was already working from home for protection and wasn’t sure of selection criteria used as not all employees are being furloughed.

I could still work from home but employer now wants to furlough me.

Nic

to be obvious; have you asked?

my employer is furloughing 90% of jobs and the ones remaining are the ones which keep the lights on, nothing more.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Posted (edited)

I have posted this here, I didn't think it merited a new topic and may have been mentioned before.

A cousin brought me his wage slip. He had been put on furlough, he thought it looked wrong.

It was, they had not altered his PAYE coding. In his case it was doubly important because if correctly calculated it would have taken his taxable income below the lower rate.

A quick call to his employer remedied it for him.

Edited by Peterbard

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS