wannagetadvice

Where can I claim the 80% income for self employed

I'm hoping someone can advise me please, I am a self employed person who is currently in isolation due to my health condition, cancer, so had to stop doing my job due to the virus outbreak and the possibility of contracting the virus and in isolation for the minimum 12 weeks at least, 4 of which I have already done.

I am very confused as to my entitlements, as I thought the HMRC will pay in June, but thought there was a separate entitlement for the 80% of tax paid salary for self employment.  Could anyone tell me if they are the same thing?

Thank you for any advice

You can claim Universal Credit now, while you wait for the HMRC self employment payment scheme to be set up, ready to be paid in time for June. There is only one self employment earnings scheme through HMRC. Link below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme

There is a separate small business grant for self employed via local councils, but i believe this is aimed at people with business premises.

Have you claimed Universal Credit ?   

Please be aware that you cannot claim Universal Credit if you have savings/investments of £16000 or more.

Have you looked at claiming PIP (Personal Indepence Payments) ? 

Have you looked into New style ESA which is based on national insurance contributions ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

6 hours ago, wannagetadvice said:

I'm hoping someone can advise me please, I am a self employed person who is currently in isolation due to my health condition, cancer, so had to stop doing my job due to the virus outbreak and the possibility of contracting the virus and in isolation for the minimum 12 weeks at least, 4 of which I have already done.

I am very confused as to my entitlements, as I thought the HMRC will pay in June, but thought there was a separate entitlement for the 80% of tax paid salary for self employment.  Could anyone tell me if they are the same thing?

Thank you for any advice

How long have you been self employed for?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello Unclebulgaria 67 and London 1971,

Thank you both so much for your replies, it cleared my confusion about the new rules.

I am not entitled to Universal Credit due to asset or ESA as I was advised by the national insurance office about 4/5 years ago that as I had paid NI during all my previous years on PAYE, that I didn't have to pay and it was optional, I took the option not to pay anymore but didn't realise there would be consequences as not being able to get ESA now.

I am in receipt of PIP as Macmillan applied for me and were successful and I am appreciative of that.

I have been self employed for approximately 5/6 years and have submitted my tax returns via an accountant to HMRC.  I'm hoping I get selected for the new payment in June.

Kind regards