CEL ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - i did Appeal but Rejected - Greyfriars carpark MK40 1BY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I used their app to pay, it said I was all paid up - went about my day.

Came back in time and drove off.

They say I never paid at all.

I appealed via their website after the app store reviews said so many people had been done over by their app.

I screenshotted it, sent them the appeal and said I had paid, i sent them screenshots of the ' location history' too (the app doesnt show invoices just where youve been)

They blanket rejected it based on the fact they believed it was correct

I raised this with POPLA, they also reected my claim

I was there, I paid for the parking, the app didnt work or didnt take my payment despite saying it was all good!

Next lett is demanding £140 in 14 days

What next? - MP?

Normally we recommend to ignore any communications from CEL unless they send a formal Letter Before Action.  Anything before that is just hot air and empty threats.  Could you redact your details and upload this last letter please?  Just to check  it is the usual rubbish they send out and not an LBA.

As you'll have worked out, appealing was not a good idea.  These fleecers never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever.  You also run the risk of losing legal protections - in your appeals did you out yourself as the driver?

Also was the only way of paying by app?  The answer will help in building up this picture of CEL making it impossible to pay, so they can then harass motorists with their demands.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks - I dont understand the appeals bit - the money saving expert forums suggest you must appeal as it can be the easiest way to remove the claim, so i did, i didnt say I was the driver however, i skipped that part of the form

I guess i should have come here first...

here is the letter

cheers

CEL Letter.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Image pasted to thread now converted to PDF

I've converted the letter to PDF, that way only registered Caggers can see it - best to keep the opposition guessing.

Appealing would seem the obvious thing to do.  The app didn't work, not your fault, any decent company would accept that.  But you're not dealing with honest brokers, CEL are one of the worst PPCs and are only interested in dishonest £££.

Well done on not identifying the driver, that gives CEL an extra obstacle.

The letter they have sent you is full of empty threats, it's not a proper LBA, so just ignore their rubbish.

Other site members will probably ask you for full details of the parking event, the more we know the more we can pick holes in CEL's claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

"the money saving expert forums suggest you must appeal as it can be the easiest way to remove the claim"

The advice here is usually NOT to appeal as it often leads to  identifying the keeper as driver and negates POFA protection, it seems logical to appeal in your case

Do you have any proof you paid? if by phone app there must be a record on a Bank Statement, print that out as it will be evidence to kill their claim if they did try  court. Did you send any proof of payment with appeal? if so again undermines their case if they were silly.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

please complete this:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Q&A link please!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please give us all of the relevant nfo, like the date and time of the event, exactly where it was, wheat you received through the post and more importantly when.

Does you banking app still show the attempted payment? If so we need a screen shot/printout saving for the future

• 4 weeks later...

they go thru a std process.

cant just go straight to court as they've signed contracts with DCA's that they must use I suspect..

do not ignore a letter of claim

read a few CEL threads here

watch them as they can be crafty in the least.

don't forget to do the Q&A in post 7 please

and they

• 3 weeks later...

You should know as you have been reading other threads that ZZPS cant instruct a solicitor to do anything legal because they are uninterested third parties in this matter.

If you look VERY carefully at the paperwork you may see a similarity in the address if WDR and ZZPS.

Basically the solicitors have given the debt collectors the OK to use their name and address to scare people into thinking that this letter is somehting it isnt.

Read the thread about One Parking Solution/ZZPS at Lewes county court and you will  see why their bluff is easy to call.

let them waste CEL's fifteen quid

On 08/04/2020 at 11:22, dx100uk said:

please complete this:

dx

and they

• 7 months later...

open

Thanks for opening

SO,  nothing since May as you saw before I received a debt collection letter from a 3rd party.

As they got no response ON CHRISTMAS EVE I received  a new 'CLAIM FOR DEBT' containing a handy 'previous case notes' from a court appeal that went wrong.

They include an affordability schedule, they have upped it to £182

They are sending the letter in accordance with Pre-action Protocol for Debt Claims (PAP) contained in the Civili Procedure Rules (CPR)

You have 30 days to complete the enclosed or possibly face court acton.

'If you ignore this letter and fail to respond proceedings will be issued against you and may increase you liability for costs"

I can then tick a box saying A,B,C,D  etc.  I owe the debt, I owe some of the debt, I dispute the debt, I dont know i owe the debt,, I will pay buy need time, Im getting debt advice, I h ave provided docs,  i need more docs or info, sign and send back.

Ignore or respond?

Cheers!

Edited by BreadAndButter

This could well be a Letter Before Action.  Please redact your personal details and then upload it.

I've had to hide your post because you posted the images direct to the thread, meaning anyone can see them, registered Caggers and not.  Please follow the upload guide and upload as PDF.  We only need to see the first page, the one with "CLAIM FOR DEBT" in the title.

Superb - thank you.  It looks like a Letter Before Claim to me, although CEL haven't bothered to entitle it that way, and so you will need to reply.  Hang on for a second though till the other regulars look in, just to make sure it qualifies as a genuine Letter Before Claim

On 08/04/2020 at 11:22, dx100uk said:

please complete this:

please complete the above links Q&A's

dx

and they