BankFodder BankFodder

BreadAndButter

CEL - Rejected my appeal, final notice before action

So, Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I used their app to pay, it said I was all paid up - went about my day.

Came back in time and drove off.

They say I never paid at all.

I appealed via their website after the app store reviews said so many people had been done over by their app.

I screenshotted it, sent them the appeal and said I had paid, i sent them screenshots of the ' location history' too (the app doesnt show invoices just where youve been)

They blanket rejected it based on the fact they believed it was correct

I raised this with POPLA, they also reected my claim

I was there, I paid for the parking, the app didnt work or didnt take my payment despite saying it was all good!

Next lett is demanding £140 in 14 days

What next? - MP?

Normally we recommend to ignore any communications from CEL unless they send a formal Letter Before Action.  Anything before that is just hot air and empty threats.  Could you redact your details and upload this last letter please?  Just to check  it is the usual rubbish they send out and not an LBA.

As you'll have worked out, appealing was not a good idea.  These fleecers never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever.  You also run the risk of losing legal protections - in your appeals did you out yourself as the driver?

Also was the only way of paying by app?  The answer will help in building up this picture of CEL making it impossible to pay, so they can then harass motorists with their demands.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Thanks - I dont understand the appeals bit - the money saving expert forums suggest you must appeal as it can be the easiest way to remove the claim, so i did, i didnt say I was the driver however, i skipped that part of the form

I guess i should have come here first...

here is the letter

cheers

CEL Letter.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Image pasted to thread now converted to PDF

I've converted the letter to PDF, that way only registered Caggers can see it - best to keep the opposition guessing.

Appealing would seem the obvious thing to do.  The app didn't work, not your fault, any decent company would accept that.  But you're not dealing with honest brokers, CEL are one of the worst PPCs and are only interested in dishonest £££.

Well done on not identifying the driver, that gives CEL an extra obstacle.

The letter they have sent you is full of empty threats, it's not a proper LBA, so just ignore their rubbish.

Other site members will probably ask you for full details of the parking event, the more we know the more we can pick holes in CEL's claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks

IT does look like a begging letter ATM, so ill leave it until something more demanding arrives

Worth writing tot he MP and council of the area?

"the money saving expert forums suggest you must appeal as it can be the easiest way to remove the claim"

The advice here is usually NOT to appeal as it often leads to  identifying the keeper as driver and negates POFA protection, it seems logical to appeal in your case

Do you have any proof you paid? if by phone app there must be a record on a Bank Statement, print that out as it will be evidence to kill their claim if they did try  court. Did you send any proof of payment with appeal? if so again undermines their case if they were silly.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

please complete this:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Unfortunately, the money didnt come out, so the app said it had taken funds and a countdown time began but the money never came out of my bank, and im guessing no money into theirs means they presumed i hadnt paid!

Q&A link please!

please give us all of the relevant nfo, like the date and time of the event, exactly where it was, wheat you received through the post and more importantly when.

Does you banking app still show the attempted payment? If so we need a screen shot/printout saving for the future

Hi

So, it has continued - the CEL have moved to a debt collector for the money

They use ZZPS

based in Surrey.

So, court action isnt really their game then as they wouldnt bother with ZZPS

It looks that way, yes.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

they go thru a std process.

cant just go straight to court as they've signed contracts with DCA's that they must use I suspect..

do not ignore a letter of claim

read a few CEL threads here

watch them as they can be crafty in the least.

don't forget to do the Q&A in post 7 please

this is just a begging letter so can be ignored.

CEL are the biggest crooks in the parking world so often issue court claims but never turn up. It is just another form of bullying.

First letter ignored

now its moved to WDR Solicitors on behalf of ZZPS

Same threatening rubbish, court action may occur... etc.

You should know as you have been reading other threads that ZZPS cant instruct a solicitor to do anything legal because they are uninterested third parties in this matter.

If you look VERY carefully at the paperwork you may see a similarity in the address if WDR and ZZPS.

Basically the solicitors have given the debt collectors the OK to use their name and address to scare people into thinking that this letter is somehting it isnt.

Read the thread about One Parking Solution/ZZPS at Lewes county court and you will  see why their bluff is easy to call.

let them waste CEL's fifteen quid

On 08/04/2020 at 11:22, dx100uk said:

please complete this:

dx