CEL ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - i did Appeal but Rejected - Greyfriars carpark MK40 1BY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’d add (just in case the DJ says “but if you couldn’t pay, you shouldn’t have parked”):

“The situation being compounded by the app appearing to allow payment, with a countdown timer for the period ‘paid for’ appearing”.

Have you offered to pay the fee the app should have taken but didn’t?

If they were stupid enough to take it to court I’d invite the judge to find that they were entitled to that fee, and only that fee, but [contrary to the usual guideline of costs ‘in the case’] you were entitled to the {limited} costs available in the small claims track.

They’d ‘win’ : but only for the parking fee, you’d win : by them being the ones an order of judgment was made against!

• 3 months later...

Open

OK so after my letter in january they have filed a court claim

I really could do without a CCJ over this! Im trying to remortgage, id happily pay the £227 for it to go away an not have no credit for 6 years.

I obviously need to file this back, what should be the defence?

What do they normally do in these cases as its clear a contract could not be entered into easily

thanks

Edited by BreadAndButter

Let it run, (and go to court if need be)

Don’t let the worry about credit report concern you. Even if it went to court, even if you then lost (unlikely), a judgement only goes onto the register if you then fail to pay it within 30 days.

Caveat : you MUST notify them if you move / change addresses. You don’t want the scenario where they serve papers to a “last known address” and you don’t get to see them.

If they send papers to an address they know isn’t current, any subsequent judgment that occurs due to them not giving you an opportunity to respond can be ‘set-aside’.

• Like 2

Bazza is spot on.  There's absolutely nothing to worry about regarding a CCJ, credit, mortgage, etc.

You need to acknowledge service and make a CPR request.  Forum regular dx100uk will be on shortly with details of what to to.

You have a great chance of beating these crooks.  If memory serves, the last three times that I can remember when CEL started court cases against Caggers, CEL got a right thrashing.

It's a numbers game to CEL.  It only cost them £25 to issue the claim, and only took them a minute to do so on a computer as all their claims are copy & paste.  Presumably, sadly, there are a lot of motorists terrified of the word COURT who cough up and pay CEL including the £25 plus the £82 Unicorn Food Tax that CEL make up, which means they can fund three more of these dodgy claims.  CEL may go all the way to court, but if you file a robust defence and then WS it's just as likely they'll then drop the matter.  Their behaviour is a disgraceful abuse of the court system, but that's how things work legally in England.    

Edited by FTMDave
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - i did Appeal but Rejected - Greyfriars carpark MK40 1BY

Name of the Claimant : Civil Enforcement Limited

Claimants Solicitors: S wilson, Head of legal

Date of issue – 23 April 2021

Date for AOS - 28th April + 14 days

Date to submit Defence - 25th May 2021

What is the claim for –

1.Claim for monies relating to a parking charge for parking in a private car park managed by the claimant in breach of terms + conditions (T+C's).

2.Drivers are allowed to park in accordance with T+C's of use. 

3.ANPR cameras and/or manual patrols are used to monitor vehicles entering + exiting the site.

Debt + damages claimed the sum of 182.00

Violation date 23/11/2019

Time in 10:34 Time out 13:58

PCN ref: Ref849*******

Car Registration no.: **** *** Car park:- Greyfriars

Total due- 182.00

Ref:www.ce-services.co.uk or Tel:01158225020)

The Claimant claims the sum of 202.58 for monies relating to  a parking charge per above including 20.58 interest pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 Rate 8.00% pa from dates above to- 22/04/21 Same rate to Judgment or (sooner) payment Daily rate to judgment- 0.04

Total debt and interest due- 202.58

What is the value of the claim? £277.58

Amount Claimed  £202.58

court fees  25.00

legal rep fees  50.00

Total Amount 227.58

can you confirm date of issue one place you say 23 next 28.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No 19 days...you acknowledge service of claim by Tues 11th may 4.00pm...you then have a further 14 days to submit a defence.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

…………...

dx

and they

You are not submitting a defence yet...just acknowledging service...plenty of time to finalise your defence.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

B&B you must get reading up on PCN claimform threads use our enhanced google search box.

else you'll become unstuck if you don't do this properly

go get yourself upto speed once you've done AOS/CPR

dx

and they

Just make sure derfence is in by due date, it doesn't have to be elaborate at this stage, a 3 line defence should do post what you propose to put on MCOL  her so the team can advise if anything needs tweaking.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks, that's all done.

Ill get reading other threads for the next steps and Ill get a CPR 31:14 request done.

Thanks for your help

At this stage, as i haven't had time to read up on other threads i presume AOS is all that's needed at this time

or is there a defence i need to make as well now (its suggesting i have 28 days to create a defence)

Sorry for my ignorance, ill need to read some threads.

thanks

Feel free to rip my defence to shreds or add what you think

1 . The Defendant was forced to use a defective Mobile phone app to pay for the parking fee as there was no other option

2.The mobile App is confirmed 'defective' by firstly failing to process payment, then confirmed again by reviews of other users on the Google App store stating it does not function and users of the app receive a parking fine.

3. The Defendant believed to pay in full the required sum  of £1 per hour and additional sums when the app alerted to extend the stay.

4. The defendant extended the stay within the App and believed to pay additional fees, suggesting the initial fee was taken due to this expiry alert.

5.The mobile App was the only payment method accepted and shows Greyfriars in the App visitation history 

6.  The Claimant has added disproportionate fees to the £1 per hour rate, firstly  inflating without reason to £140 within 14 days, then £182 when this was appealed. 

7.The Claimant knows their app is faulty, yet continue to make it the only payment method at Greyfriars carpark

No Contract could be formed for any action to be taken for breach of a Contract Frustrated from the start, due to inability to pass consideration as in fee to park due to inability of the App, the sole method of payment offered to process any payment. Therefore NO Actionable  Contract can be  deemed to exist.

9. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

10.If any outstanding fee is to be considered, it is for the total sum of the time spent at the carpark at a rate of £1 per hour of which the App failed to process. This could be claimed via small claims process.

Hi.

I expect the guys will be along later with advice, but I suspect your defence has more detail than we advise to include at this stage. Your research could be useful as part of your witness statement later on though. :)

Please bear with us until you get more comments.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

why are you using the word FINE?

and they

nasty habit to have, shows you don't p'haps fully understand things , the claimant will eat you for breakfast..

keep to our std 3 -5 line generic defence, don't give anything away regarding exactly what the actual reasons might be .

use our enhanced google searchbox PCN claimform

and they

We had a case here recently where a motorist who was being sued by a PPC put in a great deal of work and educated himself/herself about the law, and filed a detailed defence demolishing the fleecers' claim point by point legally.  On the surface a fantastic piece of work ...

... except that gave the PPC's solicitors months & months notice of what the case would be fought on and they made up lie after lie to counter the motorists' points. 

As dx says it's best to file an extremely generic defence now, keep the fleecers in the dark and then when it comes to WS stage hammer them with the points you've listed - by which point it'll be too late for them to make up lies back.

• Like 1

The 3 line generic is always best, the demolition of their case comes when the submit a cut 'n paster WS.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!