BankFodder BankFodder

Ruby_Tuesday

Universal Credit Statement

Hi everyone, so i logged in for mum as her statement should be on there today, but it isnt. It was saying on her account that the statement would be up on the 7th, today. Its not there and there is no other note on there re her payment. 

Also as her payment day would be Saturday and Friday is the start of the Easter weekend, the dwp have online that payments during that time will be made on the 9th. But with no statement up does this mean her payment hasnt been released or cleared for the month yet?.

When it says the statement should appear on 7th of April, it does not mean that it will appear first thing on that date. 

It could be in the process of being issued or require some manual processing. 

If it does not appear by tomorrow morning, send a journal message.  As long as the statement is issued by Thurs 9th ( including 9th), they will process the payment to the account, so it is received before Bank Holiday weekend.. Payments that are processed on the payment due date are done as same day faster payments to make sure received on time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ah right. Her March payment was the last one that took £25 for paying off her advance payment. So this April one will be £25 more, maybe that is why, and its done manually and not preset. I have no idea how it works. But that sounds like it fits with what your saying. I know your information is always correct. Thankyou.

Hi, So it's not up there yet. Have sent message in her journal but they dont answer very quickly at normal times so am a bit concerned now. I will try and ring them at 930 when the phone lines are now on,reduced hours due to the coronavirus. 

Just make sure there are no to-do actions showing on the home page when you log in.  If there are any such as review your details, then these will block a payment statement being added.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What is worrying me now is that we had a notice up on the account on the 6th to update housing details, ie april increase in rent, which we did, we had the letter from our landlord previously but couldnt update until the 6th, checked via journal and were told to do on the 6th, and it was up on the account when i checked in for mum on the 6th telling us to do it.  I think now that may be holding it up?  Previously told if notices go up you have to do it.  

If it isnt sorted out by or on 9th tomorrow, will it just mean its likely to be a bit late or should i still keep trying via phone if no reply in journal? sorry if obvious answer am just concerned for mum who is high anxiety over it all. Direct debits for rent etc will have to be temp cancelled if the money doesnt go in by a certain date, which include rent...

The housing change to-do just means that it might stop an automatic payment statement being added. They may have to process it manually.

Hopefully this will be resolved by Thursday. 

Just to update. I had to try 6 times to get on the call waiting list, got cut off about 6 times as they couldnt take any more calls. Got through on lucky number 7, a free call with a 30 minute wait and I got through, impressed to be honest. All done and sorted within a few minutes. Statement up confirmed that the payment will go in tomorrow.  Have had some rude operators in the past but by and large most of them are lovely people and so apologetic today even though we all know the current situation is not their fault. I thanked them for being there. Mum is coming down now from her high anxiety, I am going to get the spare armchair into the garden for her, and sit with her there for a while.  

• Like 2

Well done for persevering, I'm pleased it's sorted. Thank you for updating us, this will help other people. :)

Enjoy the sunshine.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes well done.  

If you have over a million extra claimants apply within two weeks and already had nearly 3 million current claimants to provide a service to, it is no wonder that there will be these delay problems.

And it is not just having the staff available, but their IT systems, phone lines etc, have all had to be subject to upgrade works, to be able to cope.

When this crisis is over, I think Government should look into having some form of Universal income scheme, where everyone of working age has to have a Government gateway account, which they keep up to date.  Then when any such crisis happens again, they have a system in place to provide support as quickly as possible.

On this occasion it was definitely quicker than a journal entry. We have waited up to 3 weeks before for a journal reply, the quickest was 2 days., and only once that quick. And with the amount of new claimants and journals to check that will be a bigger task for them and a longer wait for claimants too.  Had it not been April and the new housing element change mum's statement would have gone up automatically, its the change on the 6th messed up the statement for the 7th. But thankfully we got through on the phone. So I suggest anyone ringing them just stay on the phone, I would have stayed there all day once i got on the waiting to be answered list. 30 minutes was a gift.

In further praise of them, they said on phone statement up, correct, and that the payment would go in tomorrow 9th as expected, but it is already in my account. A day even earlier.