mum's ESA-UC and repaying loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes well done.  

If you have over a million extra claimants apply within two weeks and already had nearly 3 million current claimants to provide a service to, it is no wonder that there will be these delay problems.

And it is not just having the staff available, but their IT systems, phone lines etc, have all had to be subject to upgrade works, to be able to cope.

When this crisis is over, I think Government should look into having some form of Universal income scheme, where everyone of working age has to have a Government gateway account, which they keep up to date.  Then when any such crisis happens again, they have a system in place to provide support as quickly as possible.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On this occasion it was definitely quicker than a journal entry. We have waited up to 3 weeks before for a journal reply, the quickest was 2 days., and only once that quick. And with the amount of new claimants and journals to check that will be a bigger task for them and a longer wait for claimants too.  Had it not been April and the new housing element change mum's statement would have gone up automatically, its the change on the 6th messed up the statement for the 7th. But thankfully we got through on the phone. So I suggest anyone ringing them just stay on the phone, I would have stayed there all day once i got on the waiting to be answered list. 30 minutes was a gift.

In further praise of them, they said on phone statement up, correct, and that the payment would go in tomorrow 9th as expected, but it is already in my account. A day even earlier. 

Just to update. When I checked mum's UC account this morning there was a letter attached to the journal.  They have kept her in the LCWRA and we have only had to update the commitment to report any changes etc. 

Big relief.