Silly Question

gbd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I can't find the draft letter for sending to a DCA and/or asignee in relation to a letter received out of the blue.

After an initial phone call I made to DCA (Buchanan Clark + Wells) it appears to relate to an old Barclays debt now assigned to Aktiv Kapital (if these guys can't spell how do they expect to operate a calculator?).

I suspect the debt is statute barred - but first want to pursue the obtaining of statements etc - there will be a very large amount of penalty charges making up the £1K+ If it is what I think it is then the total penalty charges will be much higher than this because we didn't know then what we know now and a lot of them were paid off.

Now - if the bank is saying this account isn't statute barred :-)

And if the bank's defence is that the account is statute barred then :-)

I like playing with banks' balls!

Do I send a DCA letter or a CCA letter or a combination of both and how much money do I need to send - I've looked through the letter templates and can't find a draft DCA or CCA letter there in relation to bailiffs/asignees and would be glad for some advice.

If you really want to play kick my balls with barclays then send barclays a sar. Also write to the dca to them the balance is disputed. This should sort things out. If you look under bankn on the main page all the forms you need are there. Also you can adjust if needed to in relation to your own personal circumstances.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

No question is silly. The only thing that can happen is you maight mis word it !!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Be careful when writing to the bank and the Dca that you do not acknowledge

the debt as that is sufficient to start it up again, even if it is statute barred at the moment. Though it is possible you may have inadvertently done so already during your conversation with BCW.

When doing the cca to BCW [fee £1] state quite clearly on the letter that you do not acknowledge the debt. And watch the way you continue with

the letter so that if you have to refer to the debt, do not say "my debt", use

something like "the debt you allege I owe"

SAR Barclays [fee £10].