BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Read the terms of the old legal cover.  Does it not still cover legal issues, that arose when the policy was in force, subject to a time period ?    And please note that most legal expenses policies require you to notify the Insurers within a certain period of the legal issue arising.   Failure to notify the Insurers of the legal issue within the  time limit noted in  the policy terms and conditions , would result in you not being able to claim.  This is because the Insurers would want to examine the legal issues and see whether they were able to resolve them, before there was any deterioration, which could lead to a greater exposure to costs.   Ask your brokers to find out for you, if you are not sure.   Brokers will often switch Insurers when policies are due for renewal, so their customers receive the best option available.  Had they known about a legal expenses claim and any potential loss of cover, they may have left you with the same Insurers, if the brokers still dealt with that Insurers.   Brokers can lose arrangements they have with certain Insurance underwriters and they then switch to an Insurers they can still use.   And the renewal documents issued will have noted the change of Insurers, so the policyholder would have had opportunity to reject the renewal offer and ask the brokers to stay with the previous Insurers.
    • Hi.   I'm afraid I can't help you to write a letter about something that complicated, maybe other people can.   Could I just ask please if you've complained to the GMC twice as your post seems to indicate?   HB
    • What will get us out and about? Or are we too wary to mix at all? Businesses need to take public attitudes into account. View the full article
    • I'm not too familiar with the tiers, so excuse the question - but haven't they paid tier 1 due to annual turnover?    I just did a test on the ICO website to see what a company has to pay and it doesn't seem to say anything about what sort of processing they do, it just asks about how many employees a company has and what turnover.     Did they need to do more than that?  Is it not about the fee tiers?  I see APCOA, for example, is also tier 1.  ParkingEye are tier 3.
    • Question-    Can the Governments track & trace app really work  ?   There is news that the app has crashed,  but let us presume that the app is working.   In the building where I work, due to the construction, my mobile phone signal is not very good, unless I am sat near a window.  In an average day, I am normally sat at the same desk,  but I may move around the building for socially distanced meetings or for other reasons e.g toilet break, making a drink.    I don't normally have my phone switched on all day and I may not take it with me, if I move to another area of the building.  But let us presume that I have my phone switched on, with Bluetooth  swtiched on, so this track & trace app can work .   What is the working distance of Bluetooth on most phones and could the app cause too many alerts for people to self isolate ?       If you have one person who is tested as having Covid-19 sat in an office socially distanced in one corner, but has colleagues in the same office,  will this app think everybody sat in the same office has had contact with this one person for more than 15 minutes ?  This could lead to a lot staff suddenly having to leave their workplace to go into self isolation.   And what about visitors to workplaces ?  If employers are not recording time/date and movement information, the contractors phone may cause staff in a building to receive the app alerts, even if they have not had any direct contact for the 15 minutes.   I can see this track & trace app causing a lot of disruption in many workplaces.
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
      • 66 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
Charanjit Singh

Can't open a bank Account - help

hello everyone  

.plz can you let me know.

i applied for several bank accounts in the last year i tired but could not open a new bank account..

last time was Halifax bank to try and open an account

they send me letter to say sorry your bank account is not opening...

i don't know why bank account is not opening..

plz can you help me.

what can i do ....

lest week I tried online to open a bank account with santander bank

again they wrote back that i cannot have one.

on the letter they sent send me it mentions cifas

and to try looking up the details on

uk experian ltd,

equifax ltd

trabs union

national hunter ltd

databases file  

i don't know who hold my database  ..

.if anyone knows about plz can you let me know thanks...

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've removed your email address to keep this anonymous, please don't put it on your thread. People should be along to advise later.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't think I understand everything you're saying. Are you saying someone has stolen your identity please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Are you saying that various banks have refused to open an account for you?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

User applied for a Bank Account

Something didnt add up and someone has put a CIFAS Marker in their name. Maybe Halifax... Who knows.

I dont think someone has stolen this users Identity but unless they are able to get someone to assist with communicating with us - We may never know the full extent.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have translated post one a wee bit better now.

yes sounds like they have a CIFAS marker preventing them for opening an account

you need to look at the sites Santander referred too to find out why

or send CIFAS an SAR to get the details of why the marker in on your credit file.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.