BankFodder BankFodder

gm00707

NTK from VCS, BERKELEY PRECINCT, SHEFFIELD

Hello, looking for any help I can get as really can't afford to pay the fine. I'm utterly clueless.

I was aware of 2hrs free parking, had left car park assuming I was within time however then received NTK saying I was 3 minutes over.

Is it wise to appeal?

TIA

1 Date of the infringement09/03/2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]18/03/2020

3 Date received25/03/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?Yes - photographs of car entering and leaving carpark.

However, entering photo shows my car allowing a pedestrian to cross in front thus delaying parking (is this helpful? only overstayed by 3 mins!)

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]Not yet - hoping to appeal on the grounds that overstay was only 3 and a half minutes (easily the time it took for me to enter carpark and find space to park)

Also aware that NTK should arrive within 14 days of infringement - mine arrived 16 days later, but I don't know how to prove this?

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it upNo

7 Who is the parking company?VCS 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]Berkeley Precinct, Eccleshall Road, Sheffield

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.IAS

No other communication received.

VCS leaving carpark NTK.pdf

where does it say it's a fine?

use our search top right

VCS BERKELEY PCN

lots to read up on.

do NOT appeal

comeback with any questions once you've read all the relevant threads here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

VCS know what the law is on this and they are just trying it on.

However, your NTK states that you havent paid to park so this is either a different NTK or a misunderstanding.

Low there are a lot of threads about this car park so you need to read up on them. There may be free parking but it might be conditional on paying and reclaiming so you had better dig out some receipts for the shops you visited.

Do not be tempted to respond to this demand, especially as there is confusion between what you think you know and what they are saying.

That ticket states that the vehicle was only parked for 1hr:23mins:23secs, not the 2 hours you are saying.

so if you read like -berkeley-precinct threads

you'll see about they can't enforce a 2hrs limit as the original planning perm granted nothing of the sort

dx

All I was saying DX is that the OP stated he had parked for 2 hours 3 mins and thinking that was why he received the ticket. But the ticket says he only parked for 1 hour 23 minutes but that he didn't pay. I think he is a tad confused.

Maybe parked for 1 hour 23 mins. after paying for 1 hour 20 mins? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In which case grace period of 10 minutes comes into play.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Indeed, so it would be good if the OP came here to tell us exactly what VCS reckon was done wrong.

yes can't advise properly until they do. Jedi can sense things but to focus the Force we need to know what to point the Light Sabre at. oops just been watching Star Wars again.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

as with ALL the berkeley speculative invoices...

read what the NTK says peoples...

doesn't matter how long the OP paid to park or if the OP paid at all - that's all totally immaterial.

it's the fact that the OP left their vehicle IN the car park and walked out of area...the old fake trespass on nearby land not even owned by the same company speculative invoice.

no-one in this country, not even the courts/police, can levy a fee on anyone because they got out of the provided prison impound.

Well yes this is VCS and Simple Simon thinks he can issue an invoice for anything he pleases, leaving the site means surveillance other than ANPR, and causes Simon other problems .

I know I'm a novice at these things but am I misreading the invoice?

It quite clearly states the OP didn't pay the parking fee. The in and out times are irrelevant as the maximum time 'allowed' is 2 hours but he was there for less than that.

I can't see any reference to leaving the car park on the invoice.

I am a novice with PCNs too but its more what the 'contravention reason' doesn't say. 

The two hours free parking was only if he /she remained on the premises, by leaving the OP breached a condition that is more favorable to the PPC i.e. the OP should have paid to park before leaving the premises. 

If you are not aware of this condition then how can you be in breach of contract? 

It is for VCS to prove and they rely on signage to  say you have accepted the and will abide by the T&Cs and if not charge you £100.00 or 60% of it if you pay up with 14 days.

A contract is - Offer (you can park you car here), Acceptance of terms (to park your car) and then consideration if you want to enter into the contract and park actually park your car.

The problem is these PPC are convincing and rely on people paying, if the OP had been approached and been told that leaving the premises on foot would incur a charge of £100.00,  would they have left with their car or paid say £4.00 to park for the two hours or just gone on foot without paying the £4.00?

I hope that helps, it the latest form of clamping.

Regards

Posted (edited)

Ah, I looked this site up on Google and came across this:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/motorist-made-feel-criminal-after-incurring-parking-fine-sheffield-shopping-centre-146877

It seems the free parking time was reduced from 2 hours down to 1 hour, thus the OP parked for 1 hour 23 minutes which would have incurred a fee for the extra 23 minutes which he/she didn't pay. The mention of 120 minutes maximum parking is not the length of time you are given for free, it's the longest you are allowed to stay there whether you pay or not.

I still can't see where the issue of leaving the car park arises as there is no mention of that on the ticket.

Edited by johnjordan

The contravention reason states 'the maximum period allowed at this site is 120 minutes. However even if it was an hour the reason would have been exceeding the payed for period!

He she hadn't so what was the reason for the £100.00 charge?  You don't pay for the contractors mistakes, they can't charge you for their error, they may try...

Regards 

its say's on the ntk ..'remaining at the carpark'..

I was slightly getting confused with another thread here sorry

but thats probably them trying to get around issues of poss double dipping for 2 sep visits 

and ofcourse no anpr can capture peoples movements..

sit tight see if they issue a letter of claim.

there are lots of Berkeley threads here.

they nor any retailer nor land owner have any legal permission to reduced the free parking granted by the council when planning was granted to build the whole site.

15 minutes ago, johnjordan said:

Ah, I looked this site up on Google and came across this:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/motorist-made-feel-criminal-after-incurring-parking-fine-sheffield-shopping-centre-146877

It seems the free parking time was reduced from 2 hours down to 1 hour, thus the OP parked for 1 hour 23 minutes which would have incurred a fee for the extra 23 minutes which he/she didn't pay. The mention of 120 minutes maximum parking is not the length of time you are given for free, it's the longest you are allowed to stay there whether you pay or not.

I still can't see where the issue of leaving the car park arises as there is no mention of that on the ticket.

120 mins is 2 hours but 1h:23m:23s is only 83 minutes and 23 seconds so well under 120 minutes (2 hours)

Dont forget that VCS have made up their own rules regarding interpretation of anything at this site and as quoted froma famous childrens novel "it menas exactly whast I want it to mean".

However, no judge has so far been impressed with that so a solid defence based on previous cases will prevail.

Howevr, that requires the OP to explain fully the event itself and whetehr they fed the meter,  etc

• Like 1

Wonder why the OP went through filling out the questionnaire on their first post and never responded after that.

Probably realised that it was because he hadn't paid for the extra 23 minutes and no other reason. 

at this site they would still beat off a court claim due to the contract with the landowner being faulty and with another company.

If they had read other threads and the parking pranksters musings on this place they would be bouyed by all of the info and be up for it.