PCN by Civil Enforcement Officer - City Of Westminster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 22/02/2020 a Penalty Charge Notice was served by Civil Enforcement Officer to my vehicle on the grounds of the following; 'Parked in a residents' or shared parking place or zone without a valid virtual permit or clearly displaying a valid physical permit'

On 22/02 a number of parking suspensions were in place and the disabled parking space was suspended. I then parked my car in front of a large working vehicle covering large parking space at 16.00 hrs. I displayed disabled badge, came back in approx 18 minutes to have found that large vehicle was replaced by a smaller car, a sign is visible 'Residents permit holder only' and a ticket on my vehicle.

Is there anything I can do, please?

1.JPG

2.JPG

Car1.jpg

Car2.jpg

I cant see how a large vehicle could fit into the spave behind you and if it did what difference that would make to the offence.

What we need to see is where the sign you have photographed is relative to thebay/your vehicle, what the freestanding sign next to the building site says and whether you ahve used 2 images of different dates to try and tell us something that isnt the whole story.

It also begs the question why didnt you park on the DYL, was there a plate forbidding that and if so what made the other plates so difficult to read.

You were ticketed for parking in a permit space without a permit.

So, are the facts as follows?

- you were parked in a permit space?

- you don't have a permit?

- your blue badge does not entitle you to park there?

If so, the PCN appears correct. The question is, what did you think the bay was allocated as when you parked there, if not for permit holders?

If you can clarify this a line of appeal may be possible - not sure without definite facts.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:10, ericsbrother said:

What we need to see is where the sign you have photographed is relative to thebay/your vehicle, what the freestanding sign next to the building site says and whether you ahve used 2 images of different dates to try and tell us something that isnt the whole story...

I think the first photo is generic from google street view and the other two are taken by the CEO.  The sign photo'd by the CEO is (I think) the one on the post above the yellow temporary sign in the first GSV photo.  It can just be seen behind the OP's car in the second photo, just below the bottom left corner of the Harcourt House sign.

BAflyer - when you park in Westminster with a blue badge, you still need to check any restrictions on parking bays as the use of blue badges in Westminster is more restricted than elsewhere.  Sounds as if you didn't look for signs?

Edited by Manxman in exile