Parking eye CCJ - refused to accept payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I am just after a bit of advice. 

Last year I received a parking ticket from Parking eye, I disputed this at the time and it was rejected as I have read they very rarely admit defeat and cancel parking tickets. 

I received a "settlement" offer from them for £100 I explained at the time that I had just been made redundant and I was unable to pay the £100 in one lump sum but I was more than happy to pay over 4 months of £25 to have this matter taken care of, their emails back were shockingly rude and they denied the offer, they even included in one email the below sentence. Despite my previous emails accepting the charge and wanting to pay it off. 

"We can confirm that we maintain our position that the full amount of the Parking Charge remains outstanding and that we have been unable to reach an agreement in respect of the same via the Reply Form."

They then decided to stop communicating with me all together to settle this matter, the never responded to my last email leaving me in a "limbo" position.

They then decided to take it to court and issue a CCJ.

I have contacted them today to arrange to pay the £197 in two payment and have this cleared by May. 

Has anyone put in an official complaint to anyone regarding Parking eye, if so who and how?

I understand they legally did not have to accept my offer of 4 payments,

I had lost my job due to health reasons,

I was willing to send them copies of my P45 and final payslip so they could see my financial position but they rejected it all and dealt with my emails in a manner that I would never dream of doing.  

If I am being honest I am a little miffed that they have put me in a worse position despite my efforts to work with them.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Please can you be clear what your current position is?

Are PE threatening court action?

Have they gone further and issued a claimform?

Or have things moved on even more and they have beaten you in court and got a CCJ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can I ask why you didn't defend the action or alternatively admit the debt and offer a payment scheme when the claimform arrived?

Most importantly, when do you have to pay the CCJ by?  If you miss that deadline you're stuck with it for six years, even if you pay the sum later.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I done both of those things. I firstly tried to fight the initial ticket as I thought it was a Manchester City Council parking space as it was 4am in the morning on a October when it was pitch black and their parking sign was not lit (in Manchester you can park free between 8pm - 8am) they rejected this. 

I then offered to pay the £100 in 4 installments of £25, as I said above, they rejected this. I had no job at the time due to health reasons so as I explained to them paying the £100 in one lump sum was not an option for me as I didn't have that disposable income. 

The 1 month has already passed to have the CCJ cleared, I can now only have it satisfied, which is better than having it as an outstanding default. 

Do you know who I am best putting an official complaint in too or the best way to deal with their initial ignorance to me trying to make the payment of £100?  

All I know about PPCs is how to fight their tickets, I'm afraid I know very little about complaints.  They have a trade association, the BPA, but that would be a bit like complaining to an association of burglars about the dishonest behaviour of a burglar.

Hold fire and see what the experts say tomorrow.

BTW, what do you hope to achieve now?  Given that the 30 days have passed and you're stuck with the CCJ, at least if you don't pay you deprive PE of their dishonest gains. 

I am trying to sort a mortgage out and I have been advised that although it shows on my credit file it has a slightly better impact if it is settled or satisfied instead of being a default, I can then also get the certificate from the courts when it is paid. 

I was hoping that there was an official organisation to lodge a complaint with, I hate that these companies think they can talk to you like s**t and get away with it. They put in an email " we refuse to correspond with you further" and the stopped all communication without actually accepting or denying my offer of 4 payments, they said that "we have failed to reach an agreement in respect to the full amount" I never questioned the full amount, so how can we have failed to reach an agreement on something when it was never the issue? 

If I didn't need my credit file to be in some for of respectable state then trust me, they wouldn't be getting a penny! I have better things to spend £197 on. 

woe slowdown here please....

forget wasting money paying it … you are in the info gathering stage for now.

and go shoot whomever told you by getting satisfied on it ever help you going for a mortgage.

have you a copy of the original CLAIMFORM?

and 

a copy of the judgement CCJ?

if so 

suitably redact just YOUR pers details like name address reg PCN number and any ref no's and scan them both up to PDF only please

read upload carefully.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There still may be grounds for set aside if you can put up an argument to challenge, lack of legibility and inadequate signage is one. You need the CCJ removing, the refusal of offers to pay in instalments would also go against Parking Eye, who are owned by Capita, same people who run TV Licensing for BBC, council offices and also own bailiff companies

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I dont remember receiving a claim form, they mentioned a claim form "follow the instructions provided with the claim form, wherein you may make payment or submit a defence" I am guessing this would have been posted out? Can I request a copy of this via email? 

I didn't know I had a CCJ until I checked my credit file, no paperwork has been received for that. 

When I am on my laptop I will upload what little documention I have.

I've just logged into their online portal to screen shot the pictures of my car and surprisingly the images are no longer available. 

nothing is going to happen quick

and the fact that their parent co. own bailiff co's is pretty much immaterial, even outside of the current climate we are in.

give northants bulk a ring

ask for a copy of the CLaimform AND the judgement CCJ by email PDF.

if they say they don't have a copy of the claimform 

get then to read out the particulars of claim and the address it was sent too

RECORD YOUR CALL>

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes get the details asked for, and it can be looked at in more detail, as to where a challenge lies.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you would have got a large brown envelope from Northampton County court bulk centre containing a N1 claim form with notes on how to fill out the form along with the date it must be returned by.

did you get that at all or did you fill it out with the confusing waffle you have indicated here and then lost by either default of for not actually filing a defence and admitting you owe the money.

how you approach the problem will depend on what exactly you did or didnt do.

I emailed the courts before writing the original post to request a copy of all paperwork. Ive been told it could be a 10 day response. 

I haven't moved since 1998, I've searched all my saved docs (in the past 5 years I tend to scan and save all post that is deemed important)

I have either not received the original paperwork or god knows misplaced it perhaps.

As I have previous said in my "confusing waffle" I didn't know I had a CCJ until checking my credit file

It was only from searching my emails I found the ones from Parking Eye threatening the action. 

so offer us some clarity on what you have and a timeline of events.

places,

dates,

what correspondence you have and from/to whom etc.

Before they issued a claim they have to send out a LBA so you should have got that and it should be clear as to what it was.

Send a SAR to PE so you can get copies of all they hold on you and that should include details about their claim so you can compare it to what you get from court.

Was it your current vehicle?

was it actually your parking event?

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the later reply. Life seems to have spiralled with everything going on. 

I have been relentless with Parking eye,

I got a friend of mine to offer a little legal advice,

mock up a letter acting on my behalf (he is a qualified solicitor but mainly deals with bankruptcy )

He asked for all documentation relating to the claim made against myself, all court paper work and evidence that this was posted to myself at the time.

They were unable to provide half of what he asked for,

he has since replied asking what evidence they supplied to the court if they are unable to supply me with all documentation.

We are now waiting for their response on this. 

I have still not made any payments towards them and I have sent a letter to the court that the CCJ was issued with all correspondence between myself and parking eye.

I am not sure if they will respond to this but I thought it best to cover all corners. 

I am being optimistic on this!

Thank you all for your help.

I sometimes would be lost without this forum as I have nothing but motor problems and you always offer sound advice and support. 

did you get the POC and what they obtained the CCJ on?  could you post it up here.

sent PE an sar as already advised

'a letter' is not good enough..

they must comply fully to an sar request , else it opens the window for you to start legal proceedings to force them too.

had you sent the sar 2mts ago when told too, you would already be in that position not twiddling your thumbs and could issue a court claim today as it's now 2mts later.... 

you also need to answer post 16 from EB too..

and they