BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The problem with these small debt amounts is that they can hang around like a bad smell. Every now and again you will start to receive letters followed by phone calls. Then it will go quiet and you will have another debt company chasing you. This could go on for many years.   Ignore DCBL as advised.   Send a complaint letter to ELE/Engie, asking why they have asked DCBL to chase a debt, when ELE have never sent any such bill to you. Then explain that you received a final bill relating to address xxxx and you paid it. If somehow there had been a billing error, ELE were advised of your new address, so they should have written to you at the new address.        
    • Of course it could be the same company trading under variations of the same name in order to dilute their bad reputation. In terms of the money you paid, section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act says that where a price for services has not been agreed then a reasonable price will be implied. I gather from what you have told us that they give you the price in advance and you agreed. I'm afraid that on this point, you would be bound to pay the price because contract law does not help people to make good bargains. It simply requires the people stick by the bargains they have made. On the other hand, if they undertook to do a certain job of work and to achieve a certain result – and that result wasn't achieved then you certainly have an action against them. The problem is that a company like this may be difficult to get hold of unless they have got a very clear office or workplace and some assets. The second problem is that you would probably be required to have given plumbforce the opportunity to come back and try again – and unfortunately you didn't do that. This means you tried to make a claim against them, they would probably argue that these plumbing problems they always take one or two goes to fix and that a reasonable person would give them an opportunity to sort it out before going elsewhere. I'm sure you're absolutely right and these people are completely overpriced – and it seems that they have done a bad job – and of course the reviews don't do them any favours. However, I think you're going have difficulty getting your money back on this – although if you want to try, will be very happy to help you – but I'm sure that it will go to a small claim in the County Court. Of course this would be an interesting exercise for you if you have the energy. It's quite simple – but of course you do risk your claim fee and your hearing fee if you lose. I can imagine that if you produced evidence of their reputation and what has happened in court that the judge will be disposed to find in your favour regardless of the arguments which I have suggested that they might put forward. The final risk could be that they would say that you are only entitled to recover the cost of the second plumber required to finish the job that you had paid Plumbforce for. In other words about a hundred quid. It's not a bad argument – I don't know if it is a winning argument – and as I probably wouldn't bother to be represented, they might not think of it for themselves. However, I'm just letting you know of all the possibilities in this problem. Of course I think one of the lessons view is to make sure that you get at least two quotes for everything – even if it seems to be an emergency. When your new home, it's worth making sure that you gather a list of reliable support services – either from your experience or from the experience of neighbours who will already have been through it. That way you can be reasonably certain that if you have any other problems with heating or lighting or water – et cetera, you will have one or two numbers to hand that you can call on with a certain amount of confidence.
    • Stores around the world have been forced to shut their doors due to the virus pandemic. View the full article
    • The drugs giant says it can double the production of a potential vaccine after backing by Bill Gates. View the full article
    • We asked three people who hit the job market just as recession was biting, what got them through. View the full article
  • Our picks

blackbird2712

Hoist /Robinson Way / Barclaycard

I have 2 ongoing Barclaycard debts with Robinson Way and today they have sent me a letter from Barclaycaed dated 23 Dec 2019.

This states they do not have to provide Historic Varied Terms and Conditions under Regulation 9 of the CNC Regulations....

Both my Debts are Statue Barred but they keep on sending the same old crap even though I did all my homework asking for the correct information using all the relevant templates, all they have returned in jumbled statements and a copied single page from 1991 that I signed but no Terms attached .

Anyone know what this Regulation 9 is of the CNC Regulations ? 

For the record they never send the correct Information requested over the last 3 yrs but continue to write /call etc . just concerned about this Regulation or is it Fairytale stuff?

why have you bothered with letter tennis?

did you not simply send them our statute barred letter?

doesn't matter what paperwork they hold or not if the debt is SB'd….totally immaterial.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi 

The last payment made was Jan 2013 on both cards ... 

why do they bother to keep sending and calling ?  They must realise this ? 

Or are they chancing their arm ? 

Would you have a Statue Barred Template I could use to inform them ? 

im sure they will come back with some old Palava !! 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

19 minutes ago, blackbird2712 said:

im sure they will come back with some old Palava !! 

well you've fallen for their drivel until now .

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers to do anything.

but if they get someone that doesn't know their onions and deal with things the correct and simple way which cuts off their arms instantly 

they will always send another letter hoping you'll wet yourself and cough up cause to date they've convinced you they have magical powers cause you keep entering into utterly pointless letter tennis.

this comment by you shows this:

even though I did all my homework asking for the correct information using all the relevant templates,

Not really no !!

But thanks for your personal slant on it !

nail 'em in their box

not dangle carrots...

the debts are statute barred .....CONC rules in the letter WILL firmly do that...should they think otherwise..

I have a debt that went statute barred on Aug 28th last year.  I still periodically get a letter or a flurry of texts. I am just continuing to ignore.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for the advice 

Im going to ignore everything they send , stay safe everyone in these difficult times 

send sb letters

don't rely on ignore when you have a nuclear bomb..

dx

OK, good advice @dx100uk, maybe it's time I sent them the SB letter. I was waiting until I receive a PAP letter before  did that.  

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

London 

3 months ago I received a LBA from Howard Cohen Ignored and never heard anything until Robbers sent letter and called again ..

Believe these all sit in the same office and pass papers to each other all day !!

send sb letters

don't rely on ignore when you have a nuclear bomb..

dx

Oh yes you must complain.

Legally the burden of proof lies with the debtor.

It is only when the SB is claimed the burden transfrers to the claimant.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS