Barclays affecting credit report incorrectly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, has anyone had any experience with Barclays Mortgage options being incorrectly advised?

I went on maternity leave 6 months ago and went to Barclays to see what options where in terms of my mortgage.

All I was advised was a reduction in my mortgage for 6 months which would result in arrears for six months.

I was not advised of any alternative options eg mortgage holiday or interest only.

I have now been advised that Barclays have logged arrears and missed payments on my credit file which was not explained to me.

I have sought advise from a financial expert who has advised I have been misinformed.

Has anyone had any experience with dealing with something similar?

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum Mortgages and Secured Loans please continue to post here.

Have you actually checked your CRAs yourself...you say you have been advised...what is showing ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Barclays seem to be in a mess and habitually make mistakes.

You had better start off by sending them an SAR asking for all data they hold on you including call recordings. When you get those, come back here.

You can make an SAR request on the telephone and then Barclays will confirm it in an email to you. You are best off recording your calls and so you should read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. I'm afraid to say that if you had recorded your call when you initially discussed your mortgage as it related to your pregnancy, then you would already have the evidence that you need.

Telephone them and make an SAR. They won't like it and you may even find that they don't realise that you can make a verbal SAR over the phone – and you will have to insist. They are wrong – you are right. If you are lucky you may get somebody who has actually had some staff development to a reasonable level who will understand that you can make a verbal SAR.

When you make the SAR over the phone, make sure that they repeat back to you exactly what it is you have dictated to them – and if it's wrong don't hesitate in correcting them. They try to shortcut all the time and you might easily find that you will have said X X over the phone and they will have written down ZZ.

Hi, I have checked my CRA. It is showing arrears and late payments. Barclays have advised that e late payment is in relation to the arrears. However This wasn’t explained when the arrangement was made. I wasn’t advised of any impact on my credit report or advised of any alternative options to the one they put me on. The Barclays BDM whom I have been in contact with advised to make a complaint. I was under a six month agreement but they have listed my last three payments as late. 
I am making a complaint with Barclays directly and have requested my SAR

thanks

I would suggest that you make your SAR first and then the complaint later. Wait until you are fully informed before moving on with a complaint and any other action. It's really quite essential to do it in this order.

looking at the Barclays T&Cs on Mortgages..they do not actually offer a payment break for whatever reason unless your Mortgage was a Barclays Direct Mortgage (ING Mortgage)

Can you confirm what type of Mortgage you have ?

Did they confirm this arranagement in writing ?

https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/mortgages/repayments-rates/payment-break/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have a repayment mortgage. I got a very vague letter stating the arrangement but there wasn’t a lot of information on it. I was offered any options. I was just told that they would take £x amount a month instead of my full mortgage payment for 6 months. 

It seems to me that there is a duty on Barclays to let their customers know about the effects of making these kinds of important decisions.

• 2 months later...