landlords unsecured pers loan claimform - suing son as well as guarantors..

bold
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to decipher this ...so who did Son in law borrow the £20K from ?

Who took him to court ?

How much was the initial default judgment for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Your Son in Law borrowed £20K from his Landlord to renovate the Landlords own property..wow I bet the Landlord thought Christmas had come early.

With no Tenancy agreement in place and your Sons in Laws business failed and the Landlord issued a claim to retrieve his loan plus the previous tenants utility costs which were left unpaid.

Was the court claim for £20k or £38K ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Which all should have been challenged at the time the claim was issued and defended.

then he took him to court but my sil did not go as he was scared and dint tell no one.

What date is this judgment ?

Options are :-

Set a side the judgment because of the incorrect amount claimed.

Submit a n245 and reduce the payment further.

You cant remove the charging order unless you set a side the judgment and defend it successfully.

No ..its a civil matter...he either accepts the full £38K as per the CCJ Order...and submits the above to make affordable payments....or he sets it a side using the N244 and defends the claim to get it back to the correct figure of £20K

if you win the set aside, it resets everything back to as if you had just received the initial claimform, for want of a better simple description.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

hi, just up to update regarding the charging order. 

my sil filled the n244 form for the claim to set a side and the hearing took place via phone conversation,

unfortunately the claimant didn't turn up so the case is now transferred to burnley court at a set date will follow,

sil was told to file his defence and in the mean time the charging order stay.

• dx100uk changed the title to Business rent arrears settled by tomlin. landlord wants more for old machinery left at rented unit?