Palmer Biggs & ebay items

mt123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been selling items on ebay relating to BMW and MINI and recently received no end of papers form Palmer Biggs Legal stating that they demand I sign some forms, send them any items i have relating to BMW and Mini, Agree to pay them £1000 towards legals costs and a share of the profits.

Of course I first panicked. I removed any items i had on ebay and sent them some of the items i had. I did not sign the forms.

The sent another letter demanding i sign but i did not. I emailed them to say that they are being heavy handed and simply had to ask ebay to remove the items, which they did not. I said that I would pay them £250 and thats it.

The sent another letter agreeing to this and that i needed to sign the agreement.

Since then I have searched them and have found out abit more. I am reluctant to send them any money at all.

Does anyone have any advice.

i have just received similar email from palmer briggs any update on your case?

The first letter they sent me was registered and it contained about 100 pages of ebay printouts and copyright policies. If you had an email today, the letter is coming as they always follow up emails with letters. After the first registered letter the rest are by normal post.

i havent sort legal advice but i now, with hindsight, not have accepted the letter. Thats the only way they can prove that you have received anything.

Other people may have more ideas as im still after solutions myself

think i wont accept letter then or reply to emai at this point

please keep me updated and i shall you through this site

any further advice from others would be appreciated

dempsey40

, have you seen sam_a86 messages on link earlier in this thread

message is below

could you contact him direct and see if he has heard anymore

i cannot as i have not been member long enough to be allowed to direct contact!

Hi Guys,

First of all,

I thank everyone who posted an input to this thread and for helping me.

Secondly I apologise for the delay of any update on my story as iv been on holiday.

After I read what what a few people said when this issue came up, I decided to contact the company by phone and mail explaining that I could not afford to pay the sum and that it was an honest mistake.

They replied saying they would lower the original sum, but I still had to sign the doc and pay.

I wasn't having any of it as I wasn't prepared to pay for something I wasn't sure of, or even admit to something I wasn't sure of doing.

Soon enough I ignored them

, they tried calling me a few times and left voice messages asking me to contact them back,

after I didn't reply, they sent me a letter about 2 months ago informing me it was my last chance to pay them etc etc

or they will soon take legal action.

I ignored that too, and since then I haven't heard from them.

After reading what some people posted recently about this whole "solicitors company",

I actually think that is the case now and I am just glad I didn't sign the doc and pay up, as at one point I was very close to doing so.

So if I was to give anyone going through the same problem any advice, I would tell them don't panic, dont sign, and don't pay.

Follow up the issue with some advice from other sources such as legal advice, on-line help, or even ask some friends for advice, as more often than not its a [problem].

Thank you.

Sam

could you contact him direct and see if he has heard anymore

i cannot as i have not been member long enough to be allowed

Any company that offers to reduce the amount claimed in this manner has no real claim in the first place.

It is a good bet that they dont have the authority to do what they claim.

i hope this is the case but concerned still