• Tweets

• Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New style JSA query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I know because of current situation things may take bit longer should I have had response now about my New Style JSA claim. ?

I started it 6 March. If I am entitled to it my next sign on would have been 27 March and I know these are now cancelled but as I had sign on a Friday does payment still fall on a Wednsday like the old system?

I have had no letter since 9 March and not informed if entitled to it I know patient now because of backlogs and the present situation but was not sure how long takes on average to process I assume two weeks as in a normal situaiton

Thanks

Many organisations still working including DWP, are receiving record numbers of applications and enquiries, but with much fewer staff. 

I would strongly advise people not to add to the delays by chasing them. Let them have time to process the applications. 

No signing on will be necessary as DWP have suspended such appointments. The payments will be done automatically, but may be delayed.  And yes, I believe payment date should be same as before, as it is based on NI number.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry unclebulgaria67

All new to me

• Signed on for this 6 March
  • Had interview 9 March
  • Letter sent 26 March got told entitled to it
  • Understand 7 Day wait
  • Does that mean I'd get first payment 3 April or 11 April would rest March be included minus 7 days
  • Then payment 11 April and 30 April respectively
  • My signon usually Fridays would have been 27 March

Thanks

Edited by AndrewHearne2008

Have you checked your Bank for first payment ?

If the 7 day wait applies ( think DWP have removed this since but maybe after you applied).

First payment 26th or 27th March and then every 2 weeks after that ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Now this is sorted Turn2Us is saying 322 a month are they right?

Second question is in normal circumsances I would have signed on 27 March normally a Friday, so I assume next payment I would be expecting to receive 15 April as would be the 10th April and then the 29th is that right?

Edited by AndrewHearne2008

Turn2Us will have given you correct information.

As explained, you would have waited 3 weeks for first payment from application date, which includes 7 days wait.  Then it should be every fortnight after that.

Best thing for you to do, because this is troubling you in not knowing how to budget, is to wait for the payment arrangement to settle down. You will become familiar with when DWP pay you.

It is a shame some DWP documents are not totally clear on payment dates.

• 2 weeks later...

All correct Andrew from what you have said.

£156.65 is 15 days worth of benefit from 13/3/20 to 27/3/20 ( first 7 days from 6/3/20 are not paid)

£146.20 is for 14 days from 28/3/20 to  10/4/20

Benefit rates are increasing, so your next payment should be higher at £74.35 per week.  So your payment you receive on or around 29/4/20 should be £148.80.

The way they do it, is the end of your 2 week review period, should be on a Friday, if i am correct and therefore the very first payment you receive is adjusted to enable this.

Next payment at end of April should be increased as advised.  New style JSA claims only last for 6 months, so your claim will end in September.  

Andrew.... I am glad it's not just me and my husband who are confused with all of this.

He got made redundant on 19th March and I worked part time in a pub so none of us are at work at the moment so we applied for universal credit as we have a daughter.

Someone on here advised that JSA (new style) might be an idea as its every fortnight even though it's deducted from the UC.

He claimed the JSA on 26th March. We had a text to say someone would ring within 2 weeks.

Nobody rang, no letter has come and we've heard nothing at all, which is understandable in the circumstances at the moment. 

However, this morning we have had a payment of just over £126 go into the bank from JSA so obviously it's been processed

but we have nothing from them to say what he needs to do with regard to job searching, signing on etc so we were baffled.

Glad we came across your post as it has helped a little with the confusion.

All the best and hope you get sorted.

I guess as you're saying not surprising somebody not been in touch but glad you have got it and it helped

looks like I am sorted just worried after September with this all going on my other options only UC and not going to get as over £16K in savings

just over and want to protect for a house deposit and so forth just being in position no other except my Pip and do not want to use half that to support parents as that was not what Pip  was for it

was for my hearing aids given the expense of them.

Reply to Jacko251

Remember that DWP have received up to 10 times the number of claims, they would normally have received at this time of year.

The numbers are incredible.   1,400,000 new Universal Credit claims since middle of March 2020.

Also large numbers of new New Style JSA and ESA claims.

And DWP are managing this with less staff available, due to the current issues we face.

Coronavirus has caused DWP to relax many of the normal processes and they are prioritising, just making the payments that are due.  The payment you have received is not for a 2 week period and is just what is due, before the claim settles into a normal pattern of paying  the full amount for a 2 week period.  I believe the end of the usual two week assessment period is based on the letters at the front of the National Insurance number.  This was designed to spread out the Job Centre appointments, but at the moment, no Job Centre appointments are required.

You will get a letter from DWP regarding the JSA, but they quite often arrive after the payment has been received.