CJCH Solicitors - Re Solidworks copyright threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have come across all of the other threads on this subject (of which there are a few!). I am making a separate thread about mine as I do not want to hijack another thread as my situation is a little different. 

I recieved a letter earlier in the week at work from CJCH solicitors (copy of letter attached).

I have not recieved any emails previously to receiving it either like in the other cases I read about.

I do have an illegal copy solidworks on the computer which I got about 4 weeks ago to learn how to use it for my own personal use.

We dont have any use for solidworks at work either.

Like in the other cases I have read about on the forum the letters and emails state ip addresses sometimes or some sort of evidence which mine doesn't.

Also it might be worth mentoning that the machine that solidworks is installed on is on a vpn all the time.

Not going to lie, this has really put the fear of god into me. 

I am not sleeping much and is pretty much all I'm thinking about at the moment.

Amy advice will be HUGELY appreciated!

cjch.pdf

you mean its on a works pc not your home pc and do you own the company?

being behind a vpn doesn't hide you, it simply prevents data being intercepted by means you do not authorise or people you don't give authority to do so too.

as such if you'd read the instructions on the software and T&C's of use, , it clearly states it will harvest, as does autocad etc, information upon installation and continued usage unless you change the relevant settings.

the bottom line

as with all threads that you say you have read

there is little they can do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for the fast reply.

Yes it is a works computer (which other people have access too) and yes it is my company.

Should I reply to the letter or just ignore it? It was a signed delivery letter so they know I've received it. 

Also did my file upload ok? I cant seem to open it.

Yes the upload was fine. Ignore the letter – but come back here if you hear anything more from them. You should probably be a bit more careful about using this kind of software.

we don't like jpg's posted direct to screen it forces people on metered webaccess money and speed issues I converted itto pdf then people can choose.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...
45 minutes ago, cmas said:

Well lets say these ambulance chasers already have their claws on you. Is it safe to assume they cant geo locate you if using vpn?  What else may they have ... 

No not the case. I had run a vpn permanently but they still managed to get my name and address.

Which frankly scared me. 

Just as an update I took their advice and totally ignored the letter.

Its not nice not having any proper closure on it but its been quite a few months and not heard anything else. 

I'm not sure exactly. Apparently when you install the program you are agreeing to the software harvesting data from your machine. If you were on your companies WiFi at the time then thats how they found where you were

Edited by Mrmo158
better wording

post moved to your own thread.

dx

and they