Hoseasons boating holiday - boatyard closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon everyone, Hoseasons just sent me an e-mail regarding a UK boating holiday this Easter:

On the 22nd March, the government issued further guidance around essential travel which can be found here. [link to a mail.hoseasons.co.uk domain which would have privacy issues if clicked]

Unfortunately in light of this, we are contacting you to advise that your holiday location has temporarily closed. We do appreciate that this is disappointing, however you have peace of mind that we will be contacting you to arrange an alternative holiday date.

I have a sinking feeling about this 😨

Their email gives me zero peace of mind!

Their T&Cs were changed on 20 March 2020 (after my booking) does anyone have a saved copy of their pre-March boating holiday T&Cs?

I will want a full refund if the boatyard remain closed but their current T&Cs don't make it clear I have that right. For example:

• Section 8 applies where I cancel. It gives me some rights to a refund but from others' experience posted on this forum, it will be a struggle. Plus I am not cancelling, I can walk/cycle to the boatyard if I have to!
  • Section 9 "Cancellations or changes by the boat operator or service provider". This looks like the relevant section but the last sentence: "We will explain what has happened and let you know about the cancellation or change. However, we will have no further liability to you." Really?!
  • Section B details refund and compensation in the case of service provider cancellation but only where the booking included Eurostar travel - this does not apply to my booking.

If I have to apply for chargeback (debit card) I am aware time will be short so I want to be prepared. The holiday is fully paid 10 weeks in advance, there is a 120 time limit for chargeback, this leaves 50 days but from experience there will be little time after notices, postal delays (they don't answer emails) and getting my bank to send the claim form (they are slow too) etc.

~S

Hmmm, a sinking feeling for a boating holiday is not a very good start.

Does this help? – April 2019

UK-Boats-Terms.pdf

just be aware that the chargeback time limit isn't actually 120days

that only kicks in when you became aware of the need.

the actual time limit is 540 days within which you must make one.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

There has been an update today. Hoseasons refunded me with a 'holiday transfer voucher' valid until 31 August 2020. They ignored an earlier request for a full refund.

The voucher T&Cs they imposed are attached below. I want to reject this ridiculous voucher and claim a full refund.

The majority of online consumer help on holiday cancellations, even from Which, CAB etc, mostly cover flights/packages/overseas travel etc leaving me unsure of my rights on a non-package, UK boating holiday. Perhaps the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is most relevant? I'm not sure.

Can anyone recommend the best approach?

hoseasons_holiday_transfer_voucher_terms.pdf

Edited by Silverspar
Wrong voucher expiry date