BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello.   It's been nearly 2 years and I haven't sent the request. To get on-top of this & do this now, I've just had a concerning letter. I've continued to pay a token amount a month and last month missed by a few days by mistake and made the payment. Since then they've been texting me and calling me about it (haven't replied obviously)   As stated in the opening post this was an Aqua debt with 1st Credit & Intrum.   I've just had a letter telling me this has been assigned to Intrum as the legal owner of the debt - is this a fishing letter? Because they already own it as far as I know.   The odd thing was two days before that Intrum sent me a letter offering 80% off if i paid £300...    
    • To summarise I sent a letter of complaint to the surgery and got a reply back which said   'I have asked [removed -dx]  for feedback in regards to the letter and she is unable to recollect the consultation. I am sure you can appreciate a dr can see on average 30 to 40 patients a day and so remembering every consultation is very especially after 2 years.   Copy of consulatation is below with [removed -dx]    (goes to describe the dr notes that day)   From reviewing the above I cannot find fault with the above consultation.   It is unfortunate that your mother was sent to the wrong ward and I apologise for this. I am a little confused as to why when she arrived at the hospital the admisssionss team didn't pick up on this and send her to the correct ward (she was sent to the wrong ward becaue the GP wrote the wrong ward number on the letter and also told us to go to the ward on the letter that she wrote on the envelope, so its the dr's fault for the wrong ward)   Once again I am sorry I am unable to answer all your converns but as mentioned above the time length of time to raise this complaint has made it difficult.     This I find strange because a few months ago my mother had an appoitment with the very same gp and we both waited in reception, over 20 mins passed and I asked the receptinist what is the delay the receptionist told me the dr is busy, i went back and waited.   By this time almost 40 mins had passed and nothing i went back to the receptonist and asked her she checked the pc and discretely told me '[removed -dx]  has refused to see your mother because she made a complaint against her etc'   And the appointment was then moved to another GP who we explained what just happened and he was shocked.   I want to raise a complaint to the GMC for this dr for the mistakes the gp made   Prior to the original post my mother had seen this gp with crackling cough, difficuly breathing, early signs of pneomonia etc but the gp said 'i am not going to give you any medicine' and sent my mother home with mo medication. This was the same thing to do, gp failed and this then lead to the visit as in the original post   I now want to raise a complaint to the GMC on the basis of the earlier justified complaint made against her, Gp's are supposed to be neautral and not take things personal but this gp is being wrong in her actions and   I want to raise this and her mistakes in the orginal post where she said 'go home take paracetamol, there is no pneumonia and only after I objected and insisted the dr use stethoscope to check the lungs and breathing did the GP then tell us it was pneumonia and then she sent us to the wrong hospital ward where we were not seen for over 5 hours and during this time my mothers condition got worse.   A report from Care Quality Commission said the inspection said: “The practice not always provide care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm. Patients not receive effective care and treatment that met their needs etc'   I need your help to draft a complain letter to the GMC for against this GP Please can you help me thank you          
    • My insurance broker who I had home cover with legal expenses add on has renewed me with a new insurer.   I have a potential legal problem which began during the old policy and was covered by the old policy. However, nothing happened resulting in a strong cause of action to make a claim under the old policy.   The new policy has an exclusion for the peril that was covered by the old policy.   If the dispute leads to a claim now, the new insurance will not cover it.   If I try to get a new policy covering the type of problem I might have, it will exclude things that began before the policy and will not cover new claims for at least 3 months from the start of the policy.   Basically, i've been robbed of my cover.  What can I do to get cover in case the problem turns into a claim?   What are my rights?
    • court claims are nothing to do with accounts appearing or not on your credit file. the original creditor would have registered the account when you took the card out it remains there for 6yrs until/unless you settle it or it gets defaulted. the registration of a CCJ should you lose happens after 28days should you fail to pay any judgement sum and would appear as a CCJ in the public records/judgements section not as a debt account.   100's of hoist ex Barclaycard claimform threads here to read use our search top right or our enhance google search box .
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
        • Thanks
      • 64 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
BankFodder

Homeless @TravelodgeUK residents turfed out on to street during CoVid crisis - boycott

Hundreds of residents of the budget hotel chain Travelodge, including homeless families housed there by local councils, have been turned out on to the street after it closed its premises.

The chain issued letters to all residents on Tuesday asking them to leave as soon as possible as they were “temporarily closing the hotels until further notice” in the light of the government’s extended coronavirus physical distancing guidelines issued on Monday.

This appeared to be in defiance of government guidance issued the same day which said that hotels looking after homeless families who had been placed in temporary accommodation at in hotels should not close.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/homeless-travelodge-residents-turned-out-on-to-street/ar-BB11G9w0?li=BBoPRmx

Shocking stuff, BF. What happened about being kind to people?

I see from this article that Britannia hotels are back in the news, having thrown out homeless people in Manchester. They're the people that made their staff homeless in Scotland.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/government-clashes-travelodge-after-homeless-told-leave

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

So, did Travelodge help during the pandemic?

No!

https://didtheyhelp.com/travelodge/

No they lost themselves a fair bit of custom once the crisis is over.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Some councils used to temporarily house many vulnerable people in Travelodges.  Often those who have found themselves homeless, come with a number of other issues including mental health conditions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread